Came(a)lot

Everything All foods taste better when you are eating tehm at a strip club.

I occassionally used to go to a place back in East St. Louis that had a breakfast buffet that was put out at 3am. Nothing like 100 guys walking around in the dark eating fistfulls of bacon and biscuits with their $20 beers.

Their burger (with sauteed mushrooms) is one of the best I've had at any bar* in this city. :)

*which is saying a lot

While I wouldn't call it the best, the burger I had there about six years ago was pretty good. IIRC, there was no drink minimum at lunch and the food prices were the same as any local lunch places. Thus, it was like a regular lunch with a few extra bucks thrown in for the, umm, talent.

Apologies for answering this post sorta seriously. Perhaps this would be a good $20 tuesday?

I never thought I'd have a chance to bring this up ("dear penthouse, I never thought it would happen to me") but I will only go to a strip club if they have cheese fries. You can get out of every awkward conversation at a strip club as long as you have cheese fries.

"You want a lap dance, sweetie?"

"No thank you, I have cheese fries."

"You want to go to the champagne room?"

"Not unless they have cheese fries there, too."

"Do NOT f#*&ing TOUCH the girls!"

"Does she have nacho cheese fingerprints on her? No? Then bring me more cheese fries and play some f%$#ing Creedence for once!"

"I'm just working my way through law school."

"Yeah, I'm just working my way through cheese fries."

Etc., etc., etc....

Crystal City Restaurant has passable cheese fries. I can't seem to recall any at Good Guys or Camelot.

I never thought I'd have a chance to bring this up ("dear penthouse, I never thought it would happen to me") but I will only go to a strip club if they have cheese fries. You can get out of every awkward conversation at a strip club as long as you have cheese fries.

"You want a lap dance, sweetie?"

"No thank you, I have cheese fries."

"You want to go to the champagne room?"

"Not unless they have cheese fries there, too."

"Do NOT f#*&ing TOUCH the girls!"

"Does she have nacho cheese fingerprints on her? No? Then bring me more cheese fries and play some f%$#ing Creedence for once!"

"I'm just working my way through law school."

"Yeah, I'm just working my way through cheese fries."

Etc., etc., etc....

Crystal City Restaurant has passable cheese fries. I can't seem to recall any at Good Guys or Camelot.

The Canadian equivalent of cheese fries is called Poutine (pron. Poo-Teen). Poutine, now that sounds like something you could get in a strip club. :)

I went to Camelot for dinner tonight and had the salmon a la carte. I thought it was overcooked and the white sauce was too salty and crusted with some sort of awful dried cilanto. My companion had the corn dog and a side of chips. We paid our tab in singles and left a 18 percent tip. The bouncer was fat and sported a mullet. I'm afraid I won't be back.