Biagio Fine Chocolate, Chocolatier on 18th and T Street in South Adams Morgan - Closed

DameEdna

Someone was handing ot little chocolate bits. Ecuadorian 72 percent. Like I know what that means. It was good, but it tasted more like a cooking chocolate. It sounds as though they will have tasty bites, and cooking ingredients. Probably very chocolate obsessed.

They have been open two weeks (which makes the opening the last week of 2006). The location is in the space that was formerly Sticky Fingers (vegan) Bakery, below Florida, on 18th Street NW. Sticky Fingers has moved elsewhere. I wish the chocate guys good luck in this location, it has terrible Feng Shui.

Has anyone with real chocolate knowledge tried their products?

Someone was handing ot little chocolate bits. Ecuadorian 72 percent. Like I know what that means. It was good, but it tasted more like a cooking chocolate. It sounds as though they will have tasty bites, and cooking ingredients.
Probably very chocolate obsessed.

They have been open two weeks (which makes the opening the last week of 2006). The location is in the space that was formerly Sticky Fingers (vegan) Bakery, below Florida, on 18th Street NW. Sticky Fingers has moved elsewhere. I wish the chocate guys good luck in this location, it has terrible Feng Shui.

Has anyone with real chocolate knowledge tried their products?

Thanks for the heads up! I loved the old Sticky Fingers space and don't think it has bad feng shui. Sticky Fingers did well enough to move into a HUGE new space with a devoted (and expanding following).

I haven't tried their chocolates but will this week. I love 70+ percent chocolate for eating as well as baking. However, the American palate has traditionally leaned toward milk chocolate. In fact the most popular chocolate in the United States has a component that distinguishes it from chocolate anywhere else in the world--- sour milk!

However, the American palate has traditionally leaned toward milk chocolate. In fact the most popular chocolate in the United States has a component that distinguishes it from chocolate anywhere else in the world--- sour milk!

I have long agreed with St. Julia that American chocolate is too sweet. In many of her chocolate recipes, she recommends throwing in some unsweetened to more closely resemble European chocolate.

I walked by this place the other day and took a peek in the windows. Since I am one of the "challenged" dieters now, sampling the goods will have to wait. And, I HATE those metal stairs.

Stopped by Biagio on Sunday and then again last night, as they were having a chocolate tasting. Fitness Challenge or no, this is not something I can personally resist.

And the chocolate tasting was, and the chocolate tasting was good.

They have a number of filled chocolates for sale, several of which are local, and last night they were handing out samples of Christopher's Confections. Tried... let's see.. butter and scotch, XO, macadamia, pistachio, juniper cassis... all fantastic and delicious. Brought quite a few home for the +1. They also carry Jason Andelman's Artisan Chocolates, so next time I'll give those a shot -- all I can say right now is they're sooo pretty.

The space is cool, white and modern, almost more like a jewelry store than a candy store. They have a lot of different chocolates in bar form, including some free trade and some single origin, so if you're a serious chocolate fan, I'd stop by. Of course some of it is crazy expensive, but some is also affordable, like the $3 Divine Dark Chocolate Mint bar I picked up. Far more dark chocolate than milk chocolate on the shelves, FYI. Helpful staff, too.

Biagio website.

And I thought the obvious answer was that Jason needs to open a shop downtown, lessee--walking distance from 19th and L would be perfect! That should take care of needing more dessert options in the DC metro area tongue.gif

(I would love to try your chocolates, BTW...someday, when I make it 'cross the river...)

Sure, will you chip in for 1/2 of my rent? tongue.gif

BTW, they sell our chocolates at Biagio Fine Chocolate at 18th and T. They are open until 8 PM as well. However, if you do come across the river, please come by and introduce yourself....