Plum Blossom, Japanese-Influenced Cuisine with Sushi and Wine Bar in South Adams Morgan - Closed

I was walking up 18th St. NW yesterday, and noticed the renovation of a storefront just past Mandu. The awning is pink and reads Cherry (or Cherry Hill, can't remember exactly), and announces a new sushi bar/ Japanese restaurant. Interesting! No opening date posted. Anyone know anything about this?

I was going to post this too. It reads CHERRY SUSHI WINE BAR. Not sure if a wine bar and sushi bar go together.

This restaurant will be located in the former [forgettable Chinese restaurant that made Eastern Carryout look very good] space.

Off-topic, but has anyone tried the tiny Japanese place across the street- Plum Blossom? It's never crowded yet seems promising... but I've never actually made it in for a meal.

Dame Edna I and went there, once, about three years ago. It looks like one of those places for the hipsters more interested in drink than food. I ordered mussels and half of them were either undercooked or dead. Unopened in any event. The waiter took them away and never offered a replacement or ask if I wanted something else. Needless to say, we've never been back.

Just a note: there is no such place as "South Adams-Morgan." Adams-Morgan ends, with admirable precision, at U Street.

(It begins -- at least it used to, circa 1982 -- at Stetsons.)

Thank you.

[i'm calling it South Adams Morgan to distinguish it from The Main Drag, and to fill up the title line. Very descriptive, and means a lot to me]