Yes! Organic Market

Pat

I just picked up some milk at the Capitol Hill store and realized I hadn't seen a thread for this local chain (I guess 4 stores is a chain.) I generally don't buy more than a few items at a time there, but it's a useful store to have in the neighborhood and I like to spend money locally when I can. They carry a number of the same product lines as Whole Foods, though it's a fairly small store. (I don't know how large the other locations are.)

FYI: They don't accept checks.

Yes!

I just picked up some milk at the Capitol Hill store and realized I hadn't seen a thread for this local chain (I guess 4 stores is a chain.) I generally don't buy more than a few items at a time there, but it's a useful store to have in the neighborhood and I like to spend money locally when I can. They carry a number of the same product lines as Whole Foods, though it's a fairly small store. (I don't know how large the other locations are.)

FYI: They don't accept checks.

Yes!

Freakin expensive. I thought whole foods was expensive till I went to Yes in Adams Morgan.

Probably the best thing going for Yes Gourmet (on the Hill at least) is the bulk food section in back...couscous, bulger wheat, basmati rice, green lentils, much cheaper then buying it in the supermaket prepackaged form, they also have a pretty good selection of nuts, dried fruits, and herbs. You can also get some harder to find asian products not carried in general grocery stores, like soba noodles.

Otherwise their produce is rather pricey...but I do stop in probably once a week to pick up something when I don't feel like schleping over to the Safeway, it is convenient to the Eastern Market metro.

and they sell wine on Sundays.

The Brookland Yes! just started selling Trickling Springs milk and cream. As we had been going over to the Glut co-op in Mt. Rainier to get it, I am very excited to have it available in our neighborhood. This is seriously good dairy.