Rancho Gordo

Pat

I got a new shipment of heirloom beans from Rancho Gordo right before I left for London. Steve's beans are the freshest, tastiest (and prettiest) dried beans we've ever had. They're relatively expensive, but a $5 bag makes at least two meals for us. The kids love all the different colors and shapes. My favorites are the Ojo de Cabra and the pinto beans.

Anyone have any favorite dried bean recipes to share?

I think you may have been the person who originally recommended Rancho Gordo. I know I found about it somewhere here. Those are such fabulous beans. They don't need very long soaking at all and always come out great.

I'll dig out the pinquito barbecue bean recipe I like and add it to this message, but I've got to go find it. (RG, among other things, is the most reliable source I've found for pinquito beans.)

I got a new shipment of heirloom beans from Rancho Gordo right before I left for London. Steve's beans are the freshest, tastiest (and prettiest) dried beans we've ever had. They're relatively expensive, but a $5 bag makes at least two meals for us. The kids love all the different colors and shapes. My favorites are the Ojo de Cabra and the pinto beans.

Anyone have any favorite dried bean recipes to share?

I actually got my first package from them last week. I was searching for Flageolet Beans on the web and came across their website a few weeks ago. I ordered two bags of the Flageolet bean, and some dried peppers. I will be trying them this weekend. I am glad to know they taste good.

Resurrecting an old topic.  I put in a sizeable order of beans today, getting prepared for heartier winter meals.  Was hoping for a greater variety available since it's harvest time, but either they sold out quickly or the new crop hasn't arrived.  Still had several mainstays -- pinto, black, lentils, chickpeas.