China Pavilion, Americanized Chinese in The Shops at Sumner Place - South Bethesda

DonRocks said:
Dudes,

Could everyone sign in today and post about their most recent restaurant experience? I'm curious to see where people here have been dining. Hell, post on the McDonald's thread if you want to (I admit it - I went there once last week myself).

Cheers!

Rocks.

I will leave it to escoffier to describe the Vidalia extravaganza, if he sees fit. As for me, another recent indulgence was the baby clams with black bean sauce at Mark's Duck House. A couple of days later, I went to China Pavilion, in the Sangamore Center, and with the echoes of Mark's still rattling around in my gullet, ordered the shrimp-scallop combo with black bean sauce, but alas it was too sweet, somebody had sugared it. But their seaweed salad was just right.

On 5/22/2007 at 11:12 AM, StephenB said:

I will leave it to escoffier to describe the Vidalia extravaganza, if he sees fit. As for me, another recent indulgence was the baby clams with black bean sauce at Mark's Duck House. A couple of days later, I went to China Pavilion, in the Sangamore Center, and with the echoes of Mark's still rattling around in my gullet, ordered the shrimp-scallop combo with black bean sauce, but alas it was too sweet, somebody had sugared it. But their seaweed salad was just right.

The shopping center is now called "The Shops at Sumner Place," in Sumner Village, and here is the current roster of tenants:

Screenshot 2016-06-16 at 11.03.58.png

The most current menu I could find online is here:

Screenshot 2016-06-16 at 11.09.18.png Screenshot 2016-06-16 at 11.09.24.png Screenshot 2016-06-16 at 11.09.29.png Screenshot 2016-06-16 at 11.09.37.png