Is It Time To Go Home Yet?

Walrus

I usually beg Tripewriter to take me down to the bar at Eve. It's not terribly convenient for us, especially as he drives from Arlington to Bethesda and back every day, but there's nothing that soothes my soul more than an Eve cocktail and some of Chef Armstrong's soup. Where do you all go to become human again?

Ah, the pouty lunch:

- Any one of the seasonal cocktails at Poste that features gin (oh my Hendricks! How I love thee!), plus mussels.

- A masonic and a bruschetta from Liberty Tavern

- A massive pitcher of cheap margaritas and queso at Mexicali, consumed outdoors, watching people

Beezy, big lush

For me, a bad day at work makes me unwilling to deal with the aggravation of travelling more than two or three blocks from my house. Depending on the defcon level I'm operating at, I'll go with:

- Fried oysters at Hank's, eat-in. I'm generally eating about twenty minutes after I leave.

- Bacon Cheeseburger at Stoney's, takeout. Twenty minutes, from phone call to back home with food.

- Mala tofu at Great Wall, delivered. It's at my door in ten minutes.

Alex

Last night after "one of those days" I had my favorite gin cocktail: an icy cold White Lady in honor of the highly unpleasant woman I had a meeting with. Soaked up the booze with steamed kim chee and mushroom dumplings. Then bed before 9:30. Sleep is good.

Last night after "one of those days" I had my favorite gin cocktail: an icy cold White Lady in honor of the highly unpleasant woman I had a meeting with. Soaked up the booze with steamed kim chee and mushroom dumplings. Then bed before 9:30. Sleep is good.

Heh. I am wondering if you interviewed my mother yesterday. You aren't by any chance in the banking industry, are you? She is a highly unpleasant white haired woman.

Heh. I am wondering if you interviewed my mother yesterday. You aren't by any chance in the banking industry, are you? She is a highly unpleasant white haired woman.
Nope, my unpleasant white lady was a brunette. My very plesant cocktail was formulated with Plymouth gin, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice and sugar. :angry:

Remember the Calgon commercial? My "take me away" places:

Palena: Burger and Manhattans

Open City: Applewood smoked bacon and Mimosas

If it's a private pity party: Fried chicken wings w/ french fries (delivered from Spring Garden) and Manhattans