Army and Navy Club, Farragut Square

I've had the pleasure of a few Easter dinner buffets there. It's quite old-school as one might expect, but well-executed, particularly the carving station. And whoever bakes their breads must be the last defender of the ancient art of baking four pound decorative animal centerpieces. No, I have no recollection of what happened to that big turtle sculpture :angry:

Had lunch there today for the first time -- actually didn't know it existed before today. Very good seared tuna salad. The funny part was the shocked reaction by the server ( B) ) when I chose "rare" in response to her question of "rare" or "well done".

-Camille

Camille, did you notice that you were the youngest person in the room by about 70 years? :angry:

I have been to the club maybe 10 times. Best night is seafood night where they have a great raw bar/ buffet. Other nights the food has been fair, but always good to great service. Great place for private events.

I've had the pleasure of a few Easter dinner buffets there. It's quite old-school as one might expect, but well-executed, particularly the carving station. And whoever bakes their breads must be the last defender of the ancient art of baking four pound decorative animal centerpieces. No, I have no recollection of what happened to that big turtle sculpture :angry:

I'm surprised my comments are not on this string. I have eaten here often. The food is good, as in private club good, but not fine dining. I would compare the food favorably to the Tower Club, or some of the better Officer's Clubs in this area. The atmosphere is in keeping with the stiffer military clubs in the area. These are the places to go for a meal, in normal times, when conversation is actually easy.

32 minutes ago, Kibbee Nayee said:

I'm surprised my comments are not on this string. I have eaten here often. The food is good, as in private club good, but not fine dining. I would compare the food favorably to the Tower Club, or some of the better Officer's Clubs in this area. The atmosphere is in keeping with the stiffer military clubs in the area. These are the places to go for a meal, in normal times, when conversation is actually easy.

After this morning, I'm not surprised: I discovered *three* different threads for Mul Naengmyeon (!) - I merged two that I found in the DC forum into the previous link, and there's also this one in the Baltimore forum.

You made some comments in the Cosmos Club thread.

• Like 1