Madam's Organ, Adams Morgan

If you're into bluegrass (and I think you are fe), it's absolutely worth the trip, especially for the Friday and Saturday shows. They get some very good bands in there and it's a small, cozy venue, with no cover. (you might even see local TV guy and banjo player Doug McElway perform once in a while)

also, while not a great culinary destination, madam's organ has great bluegrass on wednesday nights. it was my tradition when i lived in the area- bluegrass plus amstel light = fun night.

also, while not a great culinary destination, madam's organ has great bluegrass on wednesday nights. it was my tradition when i lived in the area- bluegrass plus amstel light = fun night.

didn't Rocks rave about the fried chicken here?

I haven't been to wednesday bluegrass night in ages, but I remember it being a consistently good times.

I will say for the price of their food you get a ton of food. Usually one entree is enough to feed two of us. I usually just end up with a house salad with grilled chicken.

I haven't been for dinner in quite some time so I am not sure if they are still having the Sunday special but I recall that entrees were half price on Sunday nights. In addition to good Bluegrass on some nights, the Blues on Sunday and the old school R&B/Funk on Monday's has been a consistently good time since they moved to the current location.