Gringada, North Beltsville

(Is Gringada still open?)

DR, Gringada is still open! At least it was in the fall when I trucked up to Laurel on Route 1. Haven't been there in 15-20 years. There weren't too many Mexican places to try back then. I don't think there were so many El Salvadoran places either.

I haven't tried the Hogs on the Hill in Beltsville but I know right where it is: on Route 1 in the same little shopping center with the Korean place Oriental Noodle, Myoung Dong. I tried Oriental Noodle a few times and liked it,then tried Yett Gol in Wheaton/Glenmont on Dean Gold's suggestion and prefer that one for their Dol Sot Bibim Bap.

DR, Gringada is still open! At least it was in the fall when I trucked up to Laurel on Route 1. Haven't been there in 15-20 years. There weren't too many Mexican places to try back then. I don't think there were so many El Salvadoran places either.

I haven't tried the Hogs on the Hill in Beltsville but I know right where it is: on Route 1 in the same little shopping center with the Korean place Oriental Noodle, Myoung Dong. I tried Oriental Noodle a few times and liked it,then tried Yett Gol in Wheaton/Glenmont on Dean Gold's suggestion and prefer that one for their Dol Sot Bibim Bap.

My wife and I moved to Laurel in 2000, and we've hit Gringada a couple of times, most recently several years ago. Is it still worth a looksee?

I still cannot believe this place still exists. I have a friend coming back in town sometime in the next month or two. He has fond memories of this place and wants to go there. I'd prefer to take him to Mango's just up the road in Laurel. Think I can convince him?

If I can't - has anyone actually been here in years and years and years?

On 4/4/2017 at 9:48 PM, Pool Boy said:

I still cannot believe this place still exists. I have a friend coming back in town sometime in the next month or two. He has fond memories of this place and wants to go there. I'd prefer to take him to Mango's just up the road in Laurel. Think I can convince him?

If I can't - has anyone actually been here in years and years and years?

I couldn't believe Gringada still existed 30 years ago. And if you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not - I'm talking about the late 1980s - even way back then, it was *painfully* mediocre.

I moved from Laurel in 1994, and haven't been back to Gringada since, so it has been at least 23 years since I've been (probably over 25). Ugh, I still remember those baskets of stale chips and awful sauce. 

Yeah we only ever went once and it was pretty bad.  Interestingly, about 3-4 years ago, they kind of expanded their outdoor dining (if you can call it that) behind the restaurant. Exactly the place I'd want to be outside - 40 feet away from heavy route 1 traffic. lol.