Thyme Square, Bethesda - Ball Has Dropped

Steve, I'll bet you big money that you'd be unable to find a single thing to eat there.
Well from what I can see of the menu at Menupages, it sure does look like the cooking is all over the place, “Beijing Vegetable Pot Stickers”, “Pumpkin Ravioli”, Chipotle Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla”, “Greek Salad”, “Havana Style Natural Chicken”, and “Moroccan Tagine”. Looks like someone was influenced by a trip to Disney’s Epcot. So it may indeed suck.

Well from what I can see of the menu at Menupages, it sure does look like the cooking is all over the place, “Beijing Vegetable Pot Stickers”, “Pumpkin Ravioli”, Chipotle Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla”, “Greek Salad”, “Havana Style Natural Chicken”, and “Moroccan Tagine”. Looks like someone was influenced by a trip to Disney’s Epcot. So it may indeed suck.

Will you take me up on my bet? If you can find one single thing there to eat, I'll buy you dinner.

Steve, I'll bet you big money that you'd be unable to find a single thing to eat there.

thyme square is closed (unless i was hallucinating a couple of weeks ago, which maybe was the case, because i can't remember why i would have been walking around there; i don't even think i was there).

why did it suck? well, even in its better days, it wasn't surprising to have to wring the water out of the pasta.

the last time we went there, it sucked because: it was a hot day and the air conditioning was broken, the table next to us hadn't been served for a long time and the discussion of when their food was coming, with their server and the manager, went on for hours, which i know because it took hours before we were served, and i don't remember much about the foood, except that i felt too hot to eat it and it seemed like it had been sitting around.

we missed the raw food trend that was taking place, next store (?). hey, but bring that one back, and i would be willing to give it a whirl.

but for vegetarian, if you find yourself in bethesda and can't remember why, why not just go to passage to india?

(i read upside down, so i didn't get to the top until after posting this. i don't understand why people say they don't like indian cooking -- because they don't like it, i guess)

Will you take me up on my bet? If you can find one single thing there to eat, I'll buy you dinner.
No bet, it is hard enough to convince me to travel to Bethesda to eat let alone traveling to eat at a place that looks like a train wreck. Once I left the Dupont Circle Metro I would have to pass Palena, Dino, and New Heights none of which has as its culinary theme "Its a Small World."

Jamie, I'll bet you can't find anything to eat there either.
thyme square is closed

:mellow:

Would you please expand on why Thyme Square "sucks"? Sighting examples if possible.

Granted I haven't been there in several months (hence I didn't know it was closed).

I had eaten there a couple of times in the past couple of years.

The only edible thing was the pumpkin ravioli and even that was kind of bland. I found that was the problem with most of their food...bland. And it's overpriced.

I didn't have any problems with service though.

Good riddance.

I ate there once last summer - It did suck!

No loss.

Granted I haven't been there in several months (hence I didn't know it was closed).

I had eaten there a couple of times in the past couple of years.

The only edible thing was the pumpkin ravioli and even that was kind of bland. I found that was the problem with most of their food...bland. And it's overpriced.

I didn't have any problems with service though.

Good riddance.

Is it really nice to slag on a place that's already closed? It's like Alan Richman kicking New Orleans while it's down.

Here's a nice thing about Thyme Square: it was one of the first places with plenty of real vegetarian options that I tried after moving to the DC area (I was a vegetarian then). Yet they had plenty for omnivorous eaters on the menu. And I liked their grilled artichoke with eggless mayonnaise, which I always ordered when I went there. Simple but tasty.

Is it really nice to slag on a place that's already closed? It's like Alan Richman kicking New Orleans while it's down.

Here's a nice thing about Thyme Square: it was one of the first places with plenty of real vegetarian options that I tried after moving to the DC area (I was a vegetarian then). Yet they had plenty for omnivorous eaters on the menu. And I liked their grilled artichoke with eggless mayonnaise, which I always ordered when I went there. Simple but tasty.

I didn't mean to rub salt in the wound. I merely associated vegetarian, Bethesda, and Thyme Square in my mind when the OP posted so I posted what my experience was. I didn't know it had gone out of business.