Culinaire, Chef Leo Dilling's Student-Run, Lunch-Only Cafe at the Art Institute of Washington - Fort Myer Drive in Rosslyn - Closed in 2018 with the Art Institute

The article seems to be about dinner, but the one comment recommends them for an excellent lunch. Do they serve both, or lunch only?

Well, the Arlington-specific AI website is't helpful.

A good teaching opportunity for their Director of Communications: launch a functional restaurant website.

My wife and I went for the opening this quarter. We found the food was very well done and the serving staff very well organized. They are open for Lunch and Dinner this quarter on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

I believe lunch runs from 11:30 Am to 1pm and dinner from 7:30 to 9:30.

I think the general public should give it a try. It is a very good meal for the price and everyone there is trying very hard to hone their craft.

Went here for the first time today for lunch to try out the work of aspiring chef students. Really nice experience - very nice quiet dining room, nice service, and rather good food at a great price. Menu is limited to only a few choices of entrees and apps and desserts but a decent variety. The only knock was a bit of longer wait than usual between courses (we indulged and had 3 courses - only $30 after tax and tip). Definitely not a destination place, but if you work or live nearby in Rosslyn, check it out.

"Culinaire Restaurant" on artinstitutes.edu

• Like 2

On 5/3/2017 at 5:06 PM, KeithA said:

Went here for the first time today for lunch to try out the work of aspiring chef students. Really nice experience - very nice quiet dining room, nice service, and rather good food at a great price. Menu is limited to only a few choices of entrees and apps and desserts but a decent variety. The only knock was a bit of longer wait than usual between courses (we indulged and had 3 courses - only $30 after tax and tip). Definitely not a destination place, but if you work or live nearby in Rosslyn, check it out.

"Culinaire Restaurant" on artinstitutes.edu

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience - I really want to support Culinaire and its students, and by the looks of the following article, they could use the support.

About the The Art Institutes.