Karaoke Idol, Falls Church - Filipino Karaoke Bar on Lee Highway - Closed

I just got back from the lunch buffet at Karaoke Idol, a mom-n-pop Filipino restaurant in Falls Church (pretty much right across the street from Elevation Burger). The astoundingly cheap buffet ($7.99) sort-of starts at 11 AM, and runs all the way until the upstairs restaurant closes at 7 PM. There are about a half-dozen Filipino dishes such as menudo, adobong manok, and sinigang na galungung, all of them homey and worth trying. There's also a full menu to choose from, and if you call ahead they'll even make you a goat.

The karaoke bar and lounge downstairs is where the action starts - it's open until midnight every day except Monday, 2 AM on Fridays and Saturdays. And what's even more interesting is that there's an entirely separate bar menu downstairs - with about twenty different classic Filipino bar munchies to choose from. There are a couple other Filipino restaurants in the DC area, but this may be the only one that serves these types of "drinking snacks" that you'll find in the back-alley bars of Manila.

Cheers,
Rocks.

Interestingly (well, to me anyway), their website informs us that they are "conveniently located on Rt. 7 (Lee Highway)". They are, in fact, on Lee Highway, which is US 29, not VA-7. Remember the good old days, when Lee Highway wasn't merely US 29, but US 211 as well? Ah, the memories.

I just got back from the lunch buffet at Karaoke Idol, a mom-n-pop Filipino restaurant in Falls Church (pretty much right across the street from Elevation Burger). The astoundingly cheap buffet ($7.99) sort-of starts at 11 AM, and runs all the way until the upstairs restaurant closes at 7 PM. There are about a half-dozen Filipino dishes such as menudo, adobong manok, and sinigang na galungung, all of them homey and worth trying. There's also a full menu to choose from, and if you call ahead they'll even make you a goat.

The karaoke bar and lounge downstairs is where the action starts - it's open until midnight every day except Monday, 2 AM on Fridays and Saturdays. And what's even more interesting is that there's an entirely separate bar menu downstairs - with about twenty different classic Filipino bar munchies to choose from. There are a couple other Filipino restaurants in the DC area, but this may be the only one that serves these types of "drinking snacks" that you'll find in the back-alley bars of Manila.

Cheers,

Rocks.

Karaoke Idol is closed and is now Lu's Restaruant - I'm not sure if it's open yet, but the signage is up.