Doc’s of Potomac

Interesting story at the attached link. It looks like the Washington Post Sports writer, author and Potomac resident John Feinstein is opening a restaurant in Potomac Village in what used to be a video rental store. For those of you that were in this space when it was a video store (underground basement space), it is hard to see this as the best space for a successful restaurant, although I look forward to anything that can pass for good food in Potomac besides Bezu.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/051408/poto...428_32362.shtml

Besides the usual concern when someone with no history in the restaurant industry decides to open a place, this quote from the article was quite telling: "Flaps was like Cheers with good food."

Flaps was more like a neighborhood diner that couldn't afford to buy the low-range stuff from Sysco, so went cheaper. I was dragged there 3 or 4 times, and never had anything edible.

If that's his goal, it shouldn't be too hard to hit. Of course, given the rent there, prices will still be through the roof...

Besides the usual concern when someone with no history in the restaurant industry decides to open a place, this quote from the article was quite telling: "Flaps was like Cheers with good food."

Flaps was more like a neighborhood diner that couldn't afford to buy the low-range stuff from Sysco, so went cheaper. I was dragged there 3 or 4 times, and never had anything edible.

If that's his goal, it shouldn't be too hard to hit. Of course, given the rent there, prices will still be through the roof...

you're right. Potomac Village, impossible spot for a restaurant, sky high rents, sky high customer expectations, ask the Potomac Deli guys," mission impossible.. Hunters across the street, just OK food, mucho dinero, and dirty@! yuk! and yikes. bezu, of course is the exception. they are of course above ground and in the other center where thers ample parking.