Common Breakfast Cereals

DonRocks

Quaker Oatmeal Squares.

And, yes, sans milk they are a "handy snack". Especially at night at your sister's house because she never cooks enough food and you are starving to the point you don't care if eating half a box will make her go to the grocery store 2 days earlier than she planned because her husband absolutely cannot start his day without a bowl of them. ;)

Annie's mini-chocolate chip Bunny Cookies in half and half.

I love the "health food" cereal whose box just says, "Ginger Raspberry", only I can't remember who makes it. It's corn flakes with spicy granola bites.

I recently tried Nature's Path Organic Heritage Heirloom Whole Grains (not sure what the exact name is), and I thought it was quite good for a "health" cereal, and it's also available at Harris Teeter. A lot of these flower-child cereals have no texture and no taste; but this has a good crunch and actually tastes like you're eating something other than softened cardboard.

Ingredients: Organic Kamut wheat flour, organic wheat bran, organic evaporated cane juice, organic spelt flour, organic whole oat flour, organic whole wheat meal, organic barley flour, organic whole millet, organic barley malt extract, organic quinoa, sea salt, organic honey. Yes, I know they're playing the "organic" aspect to the hilt, but that's what it is.

Cheers,

Rocks.

I recently tried Nature's Path Organic Heritage Heirloom Whole Grains (not sure what the exact name is), and I thought it was quite good for a "health" cereal, and it's also available at Harris Teeter. A lot of these flower-child cereals have no texture and no taste; but this has a good crunch and actually tastes like you're eating something other than softened cardboard.
Heritage Flakes. ;) They are excellent with blueberries.

Huge fan of Kashi GoLean Crunch. It is really really crunchy--too crunchy for some people. I find that it sticks with me a little longer than other types of cold cereal. It's also really good stirred into yogurt, which was today's breakfast.

Those are great, but for me are topped by Cracklin' Oat Bran. Seriously. It's delicious.
I used to love that stuff many years ago. Once I realized how much sugar was in it, I stopped eating it.

I'm not a big cereal fan, but I like Cheerios and Shredded Wheat (the large ones). My mom always ate Puffed Rice, so that was the cereal I ate most as a kid, but I prefer Puffed Wheat if I buy it now.

Huge fan of Kashi GoLean Crunch. It is really really crunchy--too crunchy for some people. I find that it sticks with me a little longer than other types of cold cereal. It's also really good stirred into yogurt, which was today's breakfast.

I'm a big fan of the GoLeans with greek yogurt and some honey.

I'm not a huge cereal eater, but I've recently taken to having that in the morning at work instead of a bagel. Currently I'm really enjoying Costco's Cranberry Macadamia Nut cereal. It's organic and pretty damn good. It holds up in milk and is not very sweet.

Every once in awhile I'll get a Froot Loop craving, though. I think it's making up for being denied anything that wasn't a gut bomb as a kid (my mother went through the whole all-natural think in the mid to late '70's when I was a kid - not good).

I eat cereal to death. It drives the mister crazy, because I'll frequently have it for dinner on nights when he closes. I have a tiny baby who doesn't go to bed until after 8:00. He's a handful. Cereal is fast, easy, and I like it.

I'm a fan of hippie cereals generally, and especially the fine family of Kashi products. I like their Autumn Harvest cereal - that's Kashi, right? And they have another shredded-wheat style cereal we get a lot.

We recently started back on Cheerios, which I haven't regularly in years, because the baby's moved into finger foods. I'd forgotten how much I like it.

If I only ate what I liked with no regard for nutritional value or calorie content, I would have a bowl of Fruity Pebbles every day of my life. Maybe with a banana.

Steel cut oatmeal

Toast 1 cup of Steel cut Oatmeal with 1 tablespoon of butter.

Add three cups of water, bring to a boil, throw a lid on it and reduce to low for 20 min (take shower)

Stir, add one cup of skim milk, place lid back on and simmer for 10 minutes

Serve however you like it. Make enought for three decent size servings.

Jordan's Strawberry Country Crisp

TJ's Golden Flax Cereal

Cinnamon Life

Corn flakes with ultra-cold milk and green-tinged at the end bananas

An equal mix of Honey Nut and regular Cheerios

Honey Bunches of Oats with strawberries

Peanut Butter Bumpers sometimes mixed with Cocoa Puffs

I was never allowed any cereals with artificial colors or flavors when I was little. The best it ever got was Captain Crunch, which was delicious but scrapey.

I go for a mixture that's half Raisin Bran, half Smart Start (the one that used to be just plain old Smart Start but is now Anti-Oxidant version). Toss in some sliced bananas and chunks of pineapple with a very small amount of skim milk.

I'm a fan of hippie cereals generally, and especially the fine family of Kashi products. I like their Autumn Harvest cereal - that's Kashi, right? And they have another shredded-wheat style cereal we get a lot.
While visiting friends in NC last week, we had some Kashi Autumn Harvest and rwtye liked it enough that it has usurped Special K as his weekend cereal of choice.