Amidaike Daikoku Confections

Someone from my office left a box of puffed rice confections in our kitchen. They are, like most Japanese things are, beautifully wrapped. It is also crisp and delicious. I am looking through their site, and wishing they had descriptions because the piece that I just had was sweet, salty, crisp, light, with a slightly toasty flavor. So delicious. Xochitl, any insights?

ETA: Just found this, using the Google translator: "Ginger" come a staple. 生姜味。 Ginger flavor. 「抹茶」 本来の香りと際立つ苦味の抹茶味。 "Tea" in the original flavor and strong tea taste bitter. 「落花生」黒糖の香りを引き立てる香ばしい落花生。 "Peanuts" to take up the scent of roasted peanuts brown sugar. 「梅紫蘇」お米とおいしい調和。 "Plum hypersthene" delicious rice and harmony. 梅紫蘇味。 Hypersthene plum flavor. 「柚子」 ほんのり甘い香りの柚子味。 "Citron" Citron touch of sweet-scented flavor. 「黒胡麻」しっかりした味と香りの黒胡麻。 "Black sesame" good taste and flavor of black sesame seeds.

I must have had some of the plum, which is just awesome.

They appear to sell four kinds of snacks:

okoshi ("millet or rice cakes, roasted and hardened with starch sugar and syrup (sometimes including peanuts, etc.)")

yakikashi (cooked/grilled small cakes)

namakashi (raw small cakes)

youkashi (Western-style sweets).

Do they look like the treats in the box on the homepage (which are gorgeous)? From your description, I'd guess you have the okoshi.

They appear to sell four kinds of snacks:

okoshi ("millet or rice cakes, roasted and hardened with starch sugar and syrup (sometimes including peanuts, etc.)")

yakikashi (cooked/grilled small cakes)

namakashi (raw small cakes)

youkashi (Western-style sweets).

Do they look like the treats in the box on the homepage (which are gorgeous)? From your description, I'd guess you have the okoshi.

Yeah definitely the okoshi. The paper they're wrapped in is beautiful. The box is amazing. While I feel a little sad about how wasteful all the wrapping is, it's a beautiful present. Apparently one of our guys got it from some hotel courting his conference in Osaka. Of the ones I've tasted the plum is still my favorite.