Roger Miller, Reopen on Bonifant Street in Silver Spring - Dou-Waqhua-dou-waqhua-dou-waqhua-dou

Roger Miller (Cameroonian)
Any good?

Any posts here, yet? This mention was the first direct reference I found in a search.

Stumbled upon the place tonight and was intrigued. They do goat. Okra. Groundnut stew.

ETA: Err...and kindly explain the subheading His Donness composed.

i'll have a go.

I know nothing about the restaurant, but i believe Mr. rockwells' sub heading is based on Roger Miller,

singer songwriter, who is more well known for the song " king of the road". "do wacka do" is another of his hits.

Although the restaurant is probably named for roger miller the camaroonian distance runner.

We were by this place this afternoon -- we didn't get to try the food, but we got to watch a whole bunch of plates go by, each looking better than the next. I think we'll probably be there to order sometime in the future. The roasted fish in particular looked great.

We were by this place this afternoon -- we didn't get to try the food, but we got to watch a whole bunch of plates go by, each looking better than the next. I think we'll probably be there to order sometime in the future. The roasted fish in particular looked great.

If you go, set aside 3-4 hours for your dinner because service is slooooooooooooowwwwwww. And, I've never been impressed with the food. It looks great, but is pretty underwhelming and sometimes, just plain bad.

This place appears to have re-opened, right across the street from Mandalay, on Bonifant Street. they seemed very friendly and have a number of vegetarian options on the menu. As i've never had west african food before, i look forward to trying it soon.