Restaurant Week: August 11-17, 2008

Pete

I see Open Table fixed the typo - it still read $30.08 for most of the day.

I know it's only $5, but I was going to scale back my RW madness this year anyway. The increase probably means it's one less I'll get to.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Front page still says "$30.00 dinners" under Offers and Events.

FYI

Dino is extending all August. We are offering Wine Madness (33% off bottles $50 and over on SUndays and Mondays) all month long. We will not offer free corkage from the 11th thru the 17th. You meal will also include either grappa, limoncello or a dessert wine as well. Full menu, one upcharge (1 kg Bistecca).

It's definitely $35.08 for dinner. Confirmed that last night when calling a few places. [was told that the restaurant associated decided to increase it only for dinner, given the rising cost of ingredients the past 6 months]

As a result of the price increase, the average savings -- even when ordering normally pricier items -- has to be less than $10 now. Hardly worth going anymore.

Cheers to Dino for keeping in the spirit of things. Maybe more will follow your example!

Hey Everyone,

PS 7's will once again be extending Restaurant Week through August 23rd. We're offering some great bottles of wine at a reduced cost as well. August 11th-16th is filling up fast, but we still have plenty of room for the second week. Hope to see you then!

For those who might be interested in mapping out Restaurant Week conquests by neighborhood, Capital Spice has put up a Google Map that has all of the participating restaurants, which meal(s) they're participating for, contact info and OpenTable links.

http://capitalspice.wordpress.com/2008/07/...rant-week-2008/

Hope it's helpful!

That's awesome! Please consider posting a second map of places that are extending beyond the first week...

That's awesome! Please consider posting a second map of places that are extending beyond the first week...

Great idea, Daniel!

What I may do is update the tags on this map - use a new color to reflect those restaurants that are extending, and then indicate how long they're running it in the notes for each restaurant. That way you can just check the list to find all the tags with that new color (purple?) and then click on the ones you're interested in.

Great idea, Daniel!

What I may do is update the tags on this map - use a new color to reflect those restaurants that are extending, and then indicate how long they're running it in the notes for each restaurant. That way you can just check the list to find all the tags with that new color (purple?) and then click on the ones you're interested in.

That works! Can you just do colors, or can you do patterns? Green for lunch and dinner, but hashed green for lunch and dinner and extension?

Maybe on the 18th, after the initial RW is over, you can then delete or gray out the ones that stopped serving RW.

Besides the two that have been mentioned, (Dino and Restaurant 3) which restaurants are offering the full menu for RW? I don't normally do RW, but my sister is going to be in town and wants to try it. I'd much prefer taking her somewhere that offers the full menu (even with some upcharges) than go someplace that has a very limited menu for RW.

Besides the two that have been mentioned, (Dino and Restaurant 3) which restaurants are offering the full menu for RW? I don't normally do RW, but my sister is going to be in town and wants to try it. I'd much prefer taking her somewhere that offers the full menu (even with some upcharges) than go someplace that has a very limited menu for RW.

Washingtonian's Best Bites had a post on this. I think we are going to do Vidalia, which has been done RW well in the past.

Better bet might be to go to Corduroy because of, not in spite of, the fact that they are RW this year. That said, I wonder how many folks will still show up there expecting RW.

Washingtonian's Best Bites had a post on this. I think we are going to do Vidalia, which has been done RW well in the past.

Better bet might be to go to Corduroy because of, not in spite of, the fact that they are RW this year. That said, I wonder how many folks will still show up there expecting RW.

Check out our web site for the restaurant week menus www.vidaliadc.com

we do have up charges for lunch but dinner this year we are offering two menus 3 course tasting for 35.08 and a five course tasting for 50.08.

PS 7's will offer a full menu as well I believe.

Saw this on the Washingtonian's website (http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/restaurants/bestbites/8804.html):

Certain dining rooms—so far the list includes Dino, Ardeo, Mendocino Grille, Circle Bistro, Liberty Tavern, Tosca—will let customers choose their courses from their full menus (usually with a few upcharges).

Mendocino and Tosca (usually RW's best values) are booked solid. But there are still spots open for Circle Bistro. Can anyone confirm they are, in fact, offering the full menu? I know they have not in years past. If they did, this would be another fantastic value.

Saw this on the Washingtonian's website (http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/restaurants/bestbites/8804.html):

Mendocino and Tosca (usually RW's best values) are booked solid. But there are still spots open for Circle Bistro. Can anyone confirm they are, in fact, offering the full menu? I know they have not in years past. If they did, this would be another fantastic value.

POSH Restaurant is doing 85% for restaurant week and will be doing it from August 12-30th, and if you want some extra items it will be a $5.00 extra. If you would like to see the menu please visit our website www.poshdc.com :lol:

I think when I went last summer, they were offering full menu... with a handful of upcharges. Excellent meal.

Been compiling a list of Restaurants that will extend the RW deal. Hopefully what I've captured is accurate [plz let me know & I can update it]:

1 week

Jaleos (all locations) - 8/24

Cafe Atlantico - 8/24

CoCo. Sala [short one - 8/20]

Rasika [slightly short - 8/23]

Mie n Yu - 8/24

Indebleu - 8/24

Le Bergerie - 8/24

Oyamel - 8/24

Teatro Goldoni [short one - 8/19]

Willow [slightly short - 8/23]

Zaytinya - 8/24

Zengo - 8/24

701 - 8/24

2 weeks

Dino - 8/31

PS 7's [slightly short - 8/30]

Il Mulino - 8/31

Beacon Bar and Grill - 8/31

POSH [slightly short - 8/30]

Tabaq Bistro - 8/31

Very Long Extension

Farrah Olivia - 8/1 through 9/22

OK, help me out here.

I have reservations at Notti Bianche, Rasika, and Poste. I'll get to 2, but probably not 3 - of course after not having baseball tickets for weeks, I have three games this week (we're in on a group and they're distributed poorly in my opinion).

Which one gets eliminated? I tried to choose places that have been on my to-do list. I was at Rasika a while back for drinks and apps, and haven't been to Poste or Notti Bianche. My dining companions have left it to me.

We're doing Dino for sure and probably Farrah Olivia later this month.

Been compiling a list of Restaurants that will extend the RW deal. Hopefully what I've captured is accurate [plz let me know & I can update it]:

1 week

Jaleos (all locations) - 8/24

Cafe Atlantico - 8/24

CoCo. Sala [short one - 8/20]

Rasika [slightly short - 8/23]

Mie n Yu - 8/24

Indebleu - 8/24

Le Bergerie - 8/24

Oyamel - 8/24

Teatro Goldoni [short one - 8/19]

Willow [slightly short - 8/23]

Zaytinya - 8/24

Zengo - 8/24

701 - 8/24

2 weeks

Dino - 8/31

PS 7's [slightly short - 8/30]

Il Mulino - 8/31

Beacon Bar and Grill - 8/31

POSH [slightly short - 8/30]

Tabaq Bistro - 8/31

Very Long Extension

Farrah Olivia - 8/1 through 9/22

POSH will be doing restaurant week till September 6th. you can either have 3 course of Al la carte.

OK, help me out here.

I have reservations at Notti Bianche, Rasika, and Poste. I'll get to 2, but probably not 3 - of course after not having baseball tickets for weeks, I have three games this week (we're in on a group and they're distributed poorly in my opinion).

Which one gets eliminated? I tried to choose places that have been on my to-do list. I was at Rasika a while back for drinks and apps, and haven't been to Poste or Notti Bianche. My dining companions have left it to me.

We're doing Dino for sure and probably Farrah Olivia later this month.

I would drop Rasika even though I really like Rasika... but (1) I don't think of it as being a pricey place, so maybe not as good a "deal" for RW; you could go any other time and have a great meal w/o a big check; they also have pre-theater meals; and (2) they're doing RW until Aug 23, so you could go the following week.

OK, I did drop Rasika. I'd love to have gone out every night, but my waistline, oh, not so appreciative!

Had a really lovely night at Poste. The food was top notch - we had the halibut, the bass, and the ravioli and one was better than the next. Our server was great - spot-on in reading how much attention and suggestion we appreciated. I would only have wished for a third dessert option (since there were three in our party - a selfish wish, sure), but the two were delightful. This is what RW is about, I figure - getting an excuse to hit those places on the "why haven't I been there yet" list. With drinks and an extra course of oysters, it was not an inexpensive night out, but we'll be back when it's not RW - that about sums it up.

Our dinner at Notti Bianchi was good - not as stellar as my recent visit to Circle Bistro, but definitely good. I did feel that our server was rushing us and pressing us with upsell pretty strongly. I know RW can be a pain for servers, so I'm sympathetic, but we still had to tell him we weren't ready to order more than once (and be frustrated that it was quite a while after we ordered that he came back and said they were out of something two of us had ordered). I would be interested to know if that is the general vibe there or if it was a RW anomaly.

Upcoming next week at Farrah Olivia (taking a friend who hasn't been there) and the following week at Dino (dragging my date who hadn't been very impressed by the service or food on previous visits - I'm convinced he was in some parallel universe or something and I'm determined to change his mind).

I am wondering if I am the only person that has not been out to eat during Restaurant Week, how I hate it so...

I stayed far away for years, figuring the last thing I wanted was to go out with all the punters.

But since then I reconsidered and figured it's just a good excuse to get some friends involved and go have another dinner. And besides, if local restaurants are usually slow in August, it's as good a time as any to give them some business.

I am wondering if I am the only person that has not been out to eat during Restaurant Week, how I hate it so...
I wandered into Vidalia for lunch on Monday not realizing it was RW. I would not have known if it wasn't for the menu mentioning it.