Clotted Cream

lekkerwijn

Clotted cream? Don't know. But in the meantime hi thee hither to Cowgirl Creamery where the tall pitcher of creme fraiche is an easy way to deal with the hegemony of French culture in the culinary world.

Somewhat related: I asked a relatively new creamery at the farmers market whether they were thinking of adding heavy cream to their line.

As a young family with a brand-new business and little children, the owners suspect they won't. The equipment required to meet food-safety standards costs something like $10,000 (I honestly don't remember the exact figure). Heavy cream would sell in a flash were the investment possible. (Peaches and cream...)

Clotted cream is a bit esoteric for a small family farm, so it would be a harder sell. While you can sell cheese made from raw milk in this area, you cannot sell raw milk. Clotted cream is made by heating unpasteurized milk. Your best bet might be traveling to a farm in Pennsylvania where it's legal to buy raw milk, then make the clotted cream at home.

Clotted cream? Don't know. But in the meantime hi thee hither to Cowgirl Creamery where the tall pitcher of creme fraiche is an easy way to deal with the hegemony of French culture in the culinary world.

I called around a bit more and according the woman who answered the phone at the Henley Park Hotel, they serve afternoon tea that includes homemade clotted cream. She did not sound like she knew what she was talking about so I think I will have to stop by and see for myself. Has anyone been for tea there?

I called around a bit more and according the woman who answered the phone at the Henley Park Hotel, they serve afternoon tea that includes homemade clotted cream. She did not sound like she knew what she was talking about so I think I will have to stop by and see for myself. Has anyone been for tea there?
I went for tea there about 7 years ago, so this information is a bit out-dated; but I thought the cream was one of the best creams I've had at that time. I could not stop spreading it on thick on my scone. If you do succumb to buying clotted cream in a jar though, I just saw some at Harris Teeter on Glebe Road in Arlington.