dcpolicywonk

Ray's the Steaks and Retro Ray's (Next Door) - Michael Landrum's Steakhouses in Courthouse

19 hours ago, southdenverhoo said:

Sometimes people don't know what their voices sound like, or how aggressive their body language can be, or even how repetitive the exchange has become, when they believe they are communicating calmly regarding a matter in dispute.

I was thinking this too.  I have learned over the years that my default face looks stern and judgmental.  I try to make an effort to smile when I come into contact with strangers.  It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer got the stink eye.  I have a natural stink eye.

12568967_1568657960120620_192346169_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE3OTQ5NzE1NjkxNjc1MTQ5Nw==.2

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hopsing said:

I have learned over the years that my default face looks stern and judgmental.

But you look so friendly and jovial in your profile photo. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dracisk said:

But you look so friendly and jovial in your profile photo. 😉

That's because I remembered to smile!  Otherwise, frowny face.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sheldman said:

I will go ahead and say that I was pondering whether to raise that possibility, knowing of the restaurant only what I have learned by reading this site for many many years.

Yup. Thinking very similarly, as well.

This is carrying on way further than I expected or wanted. Please recall my disclaimer that this was ONE incident, that I did not witness. Everything I have seen over the years at RTS, and from Michael himself, has indicated that customer service is always a focus of theirs.

The host in question was not ML - the quote was "we have been doing it" not "I have been doing it", "we" as in RTS. The host could have been there for a long time, or it could have been his first day.

I have since communicated with Michael privately, and of course there are details from him that contradict some of the details from my friend's version of the story.

I don't expect Don to nuke this discussion, but I think the horse is beaten at this point, and would like to see us move on.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DanielK said:

This is carrying on way further than I expected or wanted. Please recall my disclaimer that this was ONE incident, that I did not witness. Everything I have seen over the years at RTS, and from Michael himself, has indicated that customer service is always a focus of theirs.

The host in question was not ML - the quote was "we have been doing it" not "I have been doing it", "we" as in RTS. The host could have been there for a long time, or it could have been his first day.

I have since communicated with Michael privately, and of course there are details from him that contradict some of the details from my friend's version of the story.

I don't expect Don to nuke this discussion, but I think the horse is beaten at this point, and would like to see us move on.

[In that case, let's agree to end it, and move on. Thanks for checking with Michael.]

We were there a couple weeks ago for my duaghter's birthday and it was great as usual.  Kids meals are great deals here.  Kid's salmon is $8; Kids steak, which I'd guess was about a 6oz sirloin is $12.  Bisque still tasty.  The key lime pie wasn't as good as I remember but the dark chocolate mousse still tasty.  It was unusually busy for a Tuesday and the wait staff was getting slammed so service was a little less timely.  It didn't delay the food coming out, but it did hinder drink refulls, etc.  They were apologetic about it and they started going to more of a teaming approach with some of the tables.

• Like 1