DC Central Kitchen Night - Weds, June 13 - 5PM

goldenticket

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still a couple of spots left - any takers?

Time to gather names for the next DR.com volunteer session! This one is on a Federal Holiday - Presidents Day - so maybe that gives some of you who normally can't do a weekday session at 5p a chance to join?

Monday, February 20, 5p-8p [10 spots]

DanielK +2

darkstar965

nenahdaves

goldenticket

laniloa

anhdeluxe

OOPS!

Somehow missed my 2 week reminder to myself - the next DR.com night at DCCK is this coming Monday, 3/26.

Can we get a few people to help get me out of my blunder? Thanks!

Monday, March 26, 5p-8p

DanielK +3

laniloa

darkstar965

goldenticket

BUMP.

Seriously, people, need more than 5 warm bodies next week. What's leaving work an hour early compared to the 5000 people that otherwise wouldn't eat the next day?

One of their tweets today: @DCCK Class 87 graduation is this Friday, April 6th. 13 Students hired as of today!

I can't always make it and have had some last minute cancellations lately, but I really do appreciate having the opportunity available. It's very hard to find individual spots.

I hope you will keep the shift going and also hope that some new folks might join us, at least once, in the coming months!

That being said, I know there had been a request a while back from DCCK to limit volunteering during the summer months due to the large number of church/youth/camp groups that volunteer. Is a summer hiatus (maybe June-August) something to consider?

Since I did book ahead for the entire year, I will keep posting them, and we'll see what happens.

Next DR.com night at DCCK is scheduled for:

Monday, May 21, 5p-8p

DanielK +2

[Thanks, and I'm making sure the 5/21 Society Fair event is NOT a dr.com event because of this.]

BUMP. The kids and I are now iffy because of late breaking kids activities. Can we get some more volunteers to help fill the gap?

Since I did book ahead for the entire year, I will keep posting them, and we'll see what happens.

Next DR.com night at DCCK is scheduled for:

Monday, May 21, 5p-8p

DanielK +2

laniloa

Xochitl10

Not sure what else to do. Last month we had 1 person attend.

I have the reservations for 10 spots a month for the rest of the year, so I'll keep posting, but I'm not going to reserve after that. And I'm going to hand back to DCCK any open spots a week before.

Wednesday, June 13, 5p-8p

DanielK +2

goodeats

goldenticket

If anyone has time available weekday mornings during October I just got the following request in an email from DCCK's volunteer coordinator:

DC CENTRAL KITCHEN NEEDS YOUR HELP DURING THE MONTH OF OCTOBER FROM 9AM UNTIL 12 NOON, WE WILL PROVIDE LUNCH DURING THE WEEK, IF YOU CAN HELP US TO PREPARE THESE 5000 MEALS WE NEED TO PROVIDE TO THE COMMUNITY PLEASE SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW