Flippin' Pizza, A California Chain in Several Area Locations

I don't think it was ever mentioned specifically on here, but the Silver Spring location (on Colesville Road, next to the Qdoba and across from the Discovery Building) has closed. They had a note taped to the door for awhile that they were "temporarily closed" and to visit the Bethesda location, but sometime in the last week or so, the sign came down and Yelp agrees it is permanently closed. Always thought they were decent but a bit redundant in the area with Mamma Lucia, Pete's, Pacci's, and now Mod.

Was hoping to pick up a slice for lunch at the Annandale location today.  Big orange sticker over the lock that it's closed and the equipment inside is claimed by the landlord, and a smaller sign saying they're opening on Main Street in Fairfax.  I never thought it was a very good location within the shopping plaza itself, and I guess they never got the mass of nearby middle school and TJ HS kids they were hoping for.

1 hour ago, weezy said:

Was hoping to pick up a slice for lunch at the Annandale location today.  Big orange sticker over the lock that it's closed and the equipment inside is claimed by the landlord, and a smaller sign saying they're opening on Main Street in Fairfax.  I never thought it was a very good location within the shopping plaza itself, and I guess they never got the mass of nearby middle school and TJ HS kids they were hoping for.

Huh, I don't even know where Flippin' Pizza in Annandale is, and I know that area pretty darned well.

Oh, I see you posted about IndAroma too, and that it was in Pinecrest Plaza. That shouldn't be too bad of a location, especially if they deliver (I don't remember any Flippin's that deliver, but I've never really thought about it before). One problem with Pinecrest Plaza is that, despite its medium-large size, they don't have a strong anchor (Staples is what they have).

The Salvation Army is very nearby, and that gets a *lot* of traffic, and should have helped Flippin'.

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

Huh, I don't even know where Flippin' Pizza in Annandale is, and I know that area pretty darned well.

Oh, I see you posted about IndAroma too, and that it was in Pinecrest Plaza. That shouldn't be too bad of a location, especially if they deliver (I don't remember any Flippin's that deliver, but I've never really thought about it before). One problem with Pinecrest Plaza is that, despite its medium-large size, they don't have a strong anchor (Staples is what they have).

The Salvation Army is very nearby, and that gets a *lot* of traffic, and should have helped Flippin'.

Staples has closed.  The Flippin' Pizza was on the side end facing LRT, by the Verizon building, next to a smoke shop and dental office, not in the middle of things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pat said:

Unless I have completely lost my mind, Pinecrest Plaza is where the Whole Foods was before it moved to Old Town.  There was a Staples right near by.

The Pinecrest Exxon is a very good gas station.

You're correct that it was the original WF that I knew of in VA. Actually it started as "Fresh Fields" and is the reason I still sometimes call WF "Fresh Fields". 

8 hours ago, DonRocks said:

That shouldn't be too bad of a location, especially if they deliver (I don't remember any Flippin's that deliver, but I've never really thought about it before).

The one in Silver Spring did, for what it's worth.

17 hours ago, weezy said:

The Exxon is a hole in the ground now.  The Staples went into the spot where the Whole Foods was located, but now it's standing empty.  Fingers crossed for a SteinMart to move in there.

That's too bad. I liked that gas station, but obviously I haven't been out there in quite a while.  I believe the last time I was there (food-related!) was to eat lunch at Foxfire Grill with someone who was in town visiting on Easter several years ago. Time flies.