Crawfish

ScotteeM

The Great Wall has live crawfish this weekend. They're labelled "baby lobster" and will run you $3.99/lb, which seems about right. They were downright lively when I pulled them out of the box with tongs and into a paper bag. Just sent husband to hunt for corn on the cob, mushrooms, and crawfish boil (already have the other ingredients).

We've never had them before, so this should be interesting!

The Great Wall has live crawfish this weekend. They're labelled "baby lobster" and will run you $3.99/lb, which seems about right. They were downright lively when I pulled them out of the box with tongs and into a paper bag. Just sent husband to hunt for corn on the cob, mushrooms, and crawfish boil (already have the other ingredients).

We've never had them before, so this should be interesting!

Can't wait to hear how it goes. And a picture is worth a thousand slurps!

Not sure where to buy them but I sucked down several hundred at the Tulane Alumni Association Crawfish Boil this past weekend...yum!

post-44-1243871797_thumb.jpg

I was there with my family and this is one of my favorite food related events of the year. Just a amazing day. Jamabalaya and crawfish were excellent. My fingers are still burning.

Only if there could be more boils around DC but the season is all but done.

Soup

So, we are having a charity crawfish boil this weekend, and I'm fortunate to have both a good supplier AND a good cook. All I have to do is eat the delicious little critters. :D Well, not really - I also have to bring some food for the folks who may not love the mud bugs. Any ideas for salads, heavy apps, and/or desserts that would go well with this theme? Jambalaya is already taken care of. Suggestions much appreciated!