CrescentFresh

Starbucks, A Seattle-Based Chain And The Largest Coffee Company In The World

72 for me. I'd love to see the ratio of Starbucks to non-Starbucks. I'd guess around me it's about 3:1 to 5:1. Maybe that's too optimistic...

75 within a five mile radius, 45 of which are within a two mile radius. There are about seven in the immediate vicinity of campus (defined as 'on campus or within a block of the perimeter')

I can top that - 14 - and I live in Baltimore City. I'm proud to say that Baltimore residents tend to fight the Starbucks invasion every step of the way. I fear that we will soon start losing the battle, though.

59 from my lovely spot on the Hill...but I wonder how many are on the Anacostia side of the river???

opps that's right just one...

Safeway-Wash DC #1445

2845 Alabama Ave SE

Washington, Washington DC 20020

note: I don't live on the Anacostia side of the river, just close to the Anacostia side of the river.

Edited by Tweaked

This exercise is both fantastically amusing and pathetic all in one.

82 Surrounding my office

Only 12 surrounding my house. I'm going to send Starbucks and e-mail offering them the use of my garage. 12 is waaaayyy too low.

edited because my typing sucks

Edited by B.A.R.

I guess I'm out in the vast wasteland--12 stores near home and 18 near work (Merrifield). The latter includes two stores in the Pan Am shopping center at Nutley and 29--a stand-alone store and one in the Safeway several yards away. :lol:

Now, if only I liked their products. They'll do if I'm desperate, but give me a good independent coffee place (and there are not too many out this way that are good), or a Caribou Coffee, and I'm set. :P

Home: 15

Work: 3

I work near UMBC campus, so it's pretty rural for a couple of miles. I'll bet if I change that 5 mile radius to 10, it'll jump to 20 or 30 stores.

damn- this is hiliarious.

73 within 2 miles of work (downtown DC)

64 within 2 miles of home (Friendship Heights).

I am not *gasp* coffee drinker (I prefer my caffeine in the diet coke form in the AM), so I only go to starbucks to get the mocha drinks. But after we bought the house, I tried to cut those out of my budget. I saw a story a few months ago on how much $$$ people spend on Starbucks per year. Crazy.

16 near home. I am one of those who likes their roast and buys beans there. I mail-ordered it for years before the opened a store here in 92. Sure wish I'd bought some stock back then too.

58 within 5 miles from my home near Lincoln Park.

I wonder how many there were when I went to school in Seattle, back when Starbucks was just local. OK, feeling very old now...

72 within five miles (Van Ness)

14 within two miles

I have often thought there weren't enough because there isn't one right here at Van Ness when I want a Chantico fix.

Of course, I can still fit into my jeans so being farther away from Chantico is probably a good thing....

There are 4 within 2 miles of where we are house hunting....

Jennifer