On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Someone at work forwarded this info to me about a $0.05 martini special running at the Jefferson Hotel:

Through May 13th you can get a martini for a nickel. Made with Grey Goose vodka and Arrowood Riesling wine and garnished with a strip of lemon peel, the Jefferson Martini is reminiscent of a French aperitif -- dry, slightly citrusy and well-balanced. (The ingredients were chosen because of Jefferson's Francophilia and his experiments with wine-making at Monticello.)

There are catches, of course:

You can't pay with any old nickel -- the bar will only accept the new 2005 nickels with the larger portrait of Jefferson on the front and a bison on the flip side.

You have to order the drink between 5 and 5:55, Monday through Friday.

One nickel martini per customer, per day. All subsequent drinks are full-price.

This just in: The Bureau of Printing and Engraving announced today that the new 2005 nickel with the larger portrait of Jefferson on the front and a bison on the flip side have been printed with an error. These misprints are already selling for thousands of dollars on eBay, and are only expected to appreciate in value in the future. :lol:;)

I know its early in the morning, but after the week I have had so far I am already thinking about Happy Hour! :lol:

We have a new board, old friends, and a bunch of new faces so lets get something together tonight. Where should we go? Maybe someone new should select the place...

I know its early in the morning, but after the week I have had so far I am already thinking about Happy Hour! :lol:

We have a new board, old friends, and a bunch of new faces so lets get something together tonight.  Where should we go?  Maybe someone new should select the place...

I am plannig to hit Mendocino after work, because I too deserve it after the week I've had

Alright, what's the plan.  Mendocino?  Do they have a HH deal?

I was hoping some of the new members would chime in and join us for HH so that we could welcome them in true dr.com fashion.

Unless things change I may forgo the trip into the city and drop by Eve tonight as its just a short drive from the office.

May sneak away to the Grill tomorrow, but not today. Probably going to Breadline to pick up some of that yummy matzoh! Firefly's HH this week looked enticing...

$5 Woodfords? No question! Though for the extra $1.50, the Bourbon and Birch had better be using Vos! :lol:

My boss gave me a leave pass Friday, so I'm in for happy hour.

Edit to add - While I want the tartare at CB, all this Palena burger talk has me hankering for a stop at some point there during the night's festivities.

My boss gave me a leave pass Friday, so I'm in for happy hour.

Edit to add - While I want the tartare at CB, all this Palena burger talk has me hankering for a stop at some point there during the night's festivities.

Looks like a multi-stop HH night. CB, Palena, ??? What time you plan on getting there?

Hm...multi-hop, huh? I could do Circle Bistro to Firefly, but I don't think I'll make it all the way to Palena. Friday will be Happy Hour, but NEXT Friday will be Happier Hour, ifyouknowhatImean (The rest of the week will be "Sort Of Happy But Low Key/Paying Close Attention To The 'Cheap Eats' Thread" Hour).

I'll probably be able to make it down about 6, depending, of course, on traffic.

My limosine duties are being transferred to day care pick up, so after this week it will be more difficult for me to make HH. I need to have my last gasp.

Count me in for happy hour--I should be there between 5:45 and 6:00.  It will be nice to see you guys!

Cool!

Best way to recognize us, look for the tallest skinniest guy in the room -- that'll be mdt.

Balding stocky guy with blond crew cut and the look of exhaustion only seen on the faces of parents of infants -- that'll be me.

Any idea what the soup might be tomorrow (at Breadline)? I'll be over that way and because chewing is not an option, I'm going to be looking for a good soup for lunch. :lol:

I don't think the blog info is posted until tomorrow, but I figured there might be some regular rotation as there is with fish on Fridays.

Edited to add: never mind. The soups are posted and they are butternut squash and Mediterranean fish. Pass.