On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

It always rains on days when I am able to go to the Grill.  This understanding can be extended to all things.

Anybody going?

Wish I could, but it's just too damn far for me.

Though I am considering occupying a barstool somewhere tonight.

...Han Sung in Ellicott City.  (A 13-course Chinese banquet and a picnic this weekend required a couple of days of rest before another excursion...)  We're thinking of gathering at 7pm.  It's located at 3570 St. John's Lane, at Frederick Rd... 

You MUST try their hwae du bop - raw fish on rice dish. It's like chirashi on acid - oh my god, they make the best one in the area.

Fantastic... :lol:

I'm having dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a bit and she suggested - what else - Palena. She is craving the chicken.

Anyone know if it's open tonight? I read (re: Sorriso) that it was closed last night w/o explanation.

This is an actual invitation I received by email this morning. I onlyl wish I could attend:

Gentlemen—Please find the attached flyer announcing the first ever DU Piscataway Creek dinner.  We are having a kick-off event at arguably the most redneck bar left in PG County on Saturday, June 25th.  It is a great little watering hole nestled in between a trailer park….it’s perfect!  Since this is a new chapter, the cost for a ticket is a modest $40.00.  That includes Carolina barbeque, fried chicken, salad, and all the cold beer you can drink.  The event will run from 7-10 pm, and then after we will resume the festivities at my place in Accokeek where everyone is welcome to stay over. 

As with all DU events, we will have alcohol, tobacco and firearms.  PLEASE pass the invitation on to as many people as you can.  Anyone who you hunt with, or rookies who are just getting into it.  If you have any questions, please let me know.  If you are going to come, please rsvp to me.  I hope you can all make it as this will surely be a good time in an environment about as far away from DC as you can be, but only takes 30 minutes to get there!!  Thanks.

The question arises whether the bbq is Eastern or Western NC style.

Went over to FF for happy hour last night. Couple glasses of the reisling, goat cheese salad & seared tuna.  Made the rough day at the office better

I had this tuna dish tonight. A delicious start to my evening. Where is the Firefly thread? I have some notes on a couple of drinks I enjoyed there. And for that matter, where is the Komi thread? I had my first experience there tonight.

And where's my corkscrew? :lol:

Just wanted to bump this up. Anybody going to the Grill tomorrow? I have to stoke up because I have to be at a meeting downtown at 4 pm tomorrow and am need of people who care, and want to talk about, food.

I may take my favorite fella (Craig) with me, but we would be very glad to say "HI" to any of you.

Just wanted to bump this up.  Anybody going to the Grill tomorrow?  I have to stoke up because I have to be at a meeting downtown at 4 pm tomorrow and am need of people who care, and want to talk about, food.

I may take my favorite fella (Craig) with me, but we would be very glad to say "HI" to any of you.

I haven't seen a schedule for this week yet--will they be grilling Wed?

Anybody want to go to Sonoma for happy hour Friday?

Speaking of happy hour - I need recs for some good happy hour eats tonight. I'm usually not available during happy hour but am looking to catch a bite with a friend before going to the Nats game. Any suggestions that are downtown near metro and pretty cheap?

Speaking of happy hour - I need recs for some good happy hour eats tonight. I'm usually not available during happy hour but am looking to catch a bite with a friend before going to the Nats game.  Any suggestions that are downtown near metro and pretty cheap?

I noticed an article in the Post's Sunday Source section with cheap HH recomendations and would link it but I missed that day in class. Ella's was one if recall.

What time are you going to be there.  Craig and I might join you for a glass or two, if you wish.

I usually get there around 6:00, havea couple of glasses of wine (1 white followed by 1 red) and either a plate of the oysters or the mushoom things.

Edited by Jacques Gastreaux

Is there a whim du jour?

I fed my whim last night at Firefly with a few other Rockwellians. Sampling the delicious white wine (what the hell do you call that grape -- petite Carbou??) that was on offer from Wabeck and also the South African reds that jparrott brought around to try + fried oysters :lol: . Tonight I may stop by Harry's in Clarendon or maybe I'll just go home and give my liver a rest ;) Next week....

Edited by FunnyJohn

I suggested hitting Sonoma for today, but I might have to back out (But you guys still go if you want :lol: )...have too much to do around here. I might hit the paella festival at Jaleo in an hour or so, though. There is a distinct lack of anything to eat in the house.

Edited for clarity: Crystal City Jaleo

Edited by shogun