Yelp Best Restaurants

DonRocks

This has been going on for a while across the country. Yelp is trying to catch these businesses: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/fake-yelp-reviews-13852727 it could be forwarded to yelp and they would probably get a "spy" to work it to expose the business.

Of many review "stories" this one reminded me of the movie Fatal Attraction: http://blumenthals.com/blog/2011/03/09/5-tips-for-responding-or-not-to-fake-reviews/

Yelp and Google Local for reviews are sites that create issues, issues, issues for all concerned.

This is one of many similar solicitations we get routinely. If it is this simple for someone to post positive yelp reviews, then it is equally easy for someone selling such services to first tank a restaurant/business and then offer their services to help "manage your reputation".post-6582-0-68811700-1355345042_thumb.jp

@yuca: Its a pretty sleazy business indeed. If one really needs good quality rep management on the web I can refer some local guys who are very good. They don't do that stuff with yelp manipulation.

Of coincidence. I just took a call from a yelp salesperson for one of our businesses. The website has "pretty good" yelp traffic. I monitor that stuff all the time. We went through the "sales dance" with this advertising source. For this business we'll churn some numbers to see if it makes sense.

Which restaurants here have advertised with Yelp? Did it help? What was your experience? Did you try and get them to change anything with the reviews you currently have?

In the conversation I referenced that local craigslist ad above wherein some local business is trying to buy false yelp reviews.

Business aint pretty.

You are correct, it ain't pretty. I, have been on both sides. I have worked at places that care more about their food and customer service than wether they are perceived as new or hip or whatnot. And I have worked at places that courted bloggers and encouraged yelp reviews and what not. I can't lie, when dealing with some of these things it makes me feel sleazy inside, like I've sold a part of me that I can't get back. I don't approve of buying people's vote so to speak and when I've been at places that try to force their way into peoples conscience and manipulate customer opinion, especially future customer opinion, through social media it has saddened me. My happiest times have been at places who have established themselves as great places solely through hard work, dedication, not hype. Not fake charm.

Perhaps I am naive. I actually yearn for the times when you opened a restaurant, dedicated yourself to it's entire being, worked hard and then the public noticed because you had pushed for what you envisioned. I miss places that didn't live in fear that one misstep could end their survival.

• Like 1

You know I use Yelp for? If I'm out of town and I want to have Italian and I have no idea what is within a 2 mile radius of where I am. There are usually links to websites and I ignore the reviews. (I used to use Google Maps but that doesn't work as well on mobile devices and the results are more scattered.)

Ruth is right about the quality of the reviews.

You know I use Yelp for? If I'm out of town and I want to have Italian and I have no idea what is within a 2 mile radius of where I am. There are usually links to websites and I ignore the reviews. (I used to use Google Maps but that doesn't work as well on mobile devices and the results are more scattered.)

Ruth is right about the quality of the reviews.

If you have an iPhone, have you tried the "around me" app? I love it - presents retail outlets (including restaurants) spatially, gives their phone and website and all that. It seems fairly complete and I don't detect any bias in what they include/exclude. There are reviews and I read them if I'm in a strange place but mostly to get a sense of what to expect (formality, prices, atmosphere, etc)

• Like 1

If you have an iPhone, have you tried the "around me" app? I love it - presents retail outlets (including restaurants) spatially, gives their phone and website and all that. It seems fairly complete and I don't detect any bias in what they include/exclude. There are reviews and I read them if I'm in a strange place but mostly to get a sense of what to expect (formality, prices, atmosphere, etc)

Blackberry. (I know...)

I've heard that the Blackberry can be used, if configured correctly, to indicate where iPhones are sold. :)

Aside from a keyboard, the BB does have another, less discussed advantage over the iPhone. It bounces off concrete (and hardwood floors, tile, marble, etc.) and keeps on ticking much better. Especially the older ones that are hugely disadvantaged in virtually every other way. FWIW from One Who Knows. ;)

Oh yeah? Well, the best of BB, iPhone and Android combined wouldn't be half as cool as this. :D With apologies if you've already seen this from the one other time I posted it on a different thread.

OK, I'm hooked. I carry a harmonica in the key of "C" in my car - for that once-a-year chance when "Piano Man" comes on the radio (yes, I do). This phone has a built-in harmonica, solving that need and meeting it when, say, I travel. Very nice. plus, it kind of looks like an old 70's toot-a-loop radio.

And, to stay on topic - I just checked again and Yelp still sucks.

Can't resist this comment: I have an iPhone whose screen is perhaps double the size of my old BB. I am typing this on my laptop because the 15" screen is bigger than the screen on my iPhone. I also watch a German soccer team on the internet wherein I run a cable from my laptop to my 40" television monitor. Because it's screen is bigger than my laptop which is bigger than my iPhone which is bigger than my old BB.

Of course the iPhone weighs less than the laptop which weighs less than the television and neither the television or the laptop will fit into my pocket...

I'm of two perspectives of Yelp and and of a third perspective vis a vis comparing it to DR.

I read yelp reviews. I like them. They are neither as full of information, knowledge, expertise, or passion as the reviews and comments here. DR has amazing content. OTOH, I'm probably no better at reviewing or have any more knowledge than typical Yelp reviewers. Fortunately for me, in going here I find commentary and knowledge that far exceeds what I have. Plus the readings are often entertaining along with the expertise. I think this is a great forum, full of knowledge and passion.

As a business guy I'm painfully aware of Yelp. They are aggressive in chasing advertising revenues. Very aggressive. They have a reputation for being above the norm, with threats, etc. From my perspective they have some very good salespeople; very direct, to the point, aggressively pursuing their points, and not time wasters.

Yelp is a very commercial web business. Its very different than DR. They probably have 5, 10, 15 to 20 million US businesses listed in their website. Its more like an Internet Yellow Pages. (IYP) but its a better internet resource. Its rankings for businesses are always higher than other IYP's or review sites. And the content is interesting--its full of reviews---maybe expert, maybe not, maybe stupid....but it is a lot of opinions.

Yelp is very commercial. Its publicly traded. They earned over $137 million this past year. They push for advertising revenues and other revenues. Its expensive to run. They have been showing losses even with all those revenues. Its a big challenging commercial business.

As a business operator I am so leeeeeeeeeeeeery of the reviews on yelp as with any other source. We have a couple of businesses with web reviews. They aren't restaurants. They are not traditional places where people want to write reviews, good bad or indifferent. The bar school in Arlington has 17 reviews but only 5 show and 12 are Yelp filtered.

F*ck that. Those 12 filtered reviews are "supposedly" a function of their "processes" and algos. That is BS. Its a mechanism of leverage to get us to advertise. I'm sure if we advertised those 12 filtered reviews would all or mostly show. (they are all very good).

DR is not Yelp and Yelp is not DR. But a lot of websites aren't DR and DR is not a lot of different websites. If I were shopping or dining out in other cities I'd use yelp and google reviews. There are a lot of them. Yelp reported over 36 million aggregate reviews (I wonder if that includes filtered ;) ). Google has that many or more. Both those websites encourage more and more reviews....because people find them compelling....(informative or not, expertly written or not)

Haven't written a yelp review in a long time, I have to admit. I just don't feel like being an active yelper.

• Like 1

I installed Yelp on my new phone when I was in Denver, down on the Mall. I wanted a quick way to find out what was around me.

When Great Divide was too crowded to get into, the info on there pointed me to Star Bar, and that was a Very Good Thing.

But I try not to spend more then 2-3 minutes using it, ever, and I avoid the reviews. I just use it as a crass aggregate somewhere that I'm not familiar with.

And the only reviews I do are for the LOLZ. So far everyone has gotten as bad of a review as I'll ever give someone, 5 stars.

I installed Yelp on my new phone when I was in Denver, down on the Mall. I wanted a quick way to find out what was around me.

When Great Divide was too crowded to get into, the info on there pointed me to Star Bar, and that was a Very Good Thing.

But I try not to spend more then 2-3 minutes using it, ever, and I avoid the reviews. I just use it as a crass aggregate somewhere that I'm not familiar with.

And the only reviews I do are for the LOLZ. So far everyone has gotten as bad of a review as I'll ever give someone, 5 stars.

I often use Yelp to double-check whether a restaurant has a website. They're not perfect, but they're pretty good (which reminds me, I need to make a pass through all the dining guides. Anyone want to volunteer? :))

OK, I'll come clean here.

There's NO comparison on content quality and utility between this website and yelp. Dividing whatever time I spend consulting or engaging with food websites, this website is by far the biggest proportion. Yelp is a tiny sliver of the pie chart.

OK, now that we have that out of the way, two points.

Yelp, like any other group of people, is not monolithic. Sure there is a ton of superficial and useless garbage posted there. IMHO, there are also a smaller percentage of useful or quality reviews.

I love that we have "The Intrepid Traveler" and now check it whenever I travel. But there's simply no comparison on utility when traveling beyond the major coastal cities. Yelp, chowhound and others simply have the size and amount of content, along with more navigation functionality, to make them more useful.

That's all as it is. And, it's entirely okay. Because this website is a very unique and exceptional community and resource. And, if you live in the DC area, you're especially lucky to have it.

Using Yelp is (to me) like asking a Nicki Minaj fan for music recommendations. I'll get answers but my experience indicates I'm better off just guessing.

Really?!?! As much as I think there are galaxies of difference between donrockwell.com and yelp (with all that most matter favoring dr.com), do you really think if you were, say, in Lexington, KY* or Cheyenne, WY**, guessing would lead you to better grub than a yelp check? Really?!?!

* Barely and not usefully covered on dr.com

** Not covered on dr.com

Really?!?! As much as I think there are galaxies of difference between donrockwell.com and yelp (with all that most matter favoring dr.com), do you really think if you were, say, in Lexington, KY* or Cheyenne, WY**, guessing would lead you to better grub than a yelp check? Really?!?!

* Barely and not usefully covered on dr.com

** Not covered on dr.com

Yes. I don't recall where I was but a few years ago a Yelp recommendation turned bad. And it wasn't even that the food or service was bad - it was that the place wasn't what I was led to expect and ended up just being a disappointment - something like I wasn't dressed right, or something else that made me regret that I'd relied on what I found on Yelp.

That was a one-timer and I understand that any site, including here, is capable of such disappointment. But - here, that hasn't really ever happened despite my using maybe 40 or 50 recommendations here (vs 4 or 5 on Yelp). Also, when outside DC, I'm OK with taking a random chance and using my own senses (or local recommendations) to make a choice. I might be still be wrong, but at least I either did some exploring on my own, or, talked with someone I don't usually talk with to get a recommendation. I don't leave with TWO regrets - going to that place and using Yelp - at most I leave with one.

Admittedly, I haven't used Yelp much so maybe I'm unfair. I just find guessing to be generally more rewarding in the situations where I might use Yelp.

edit: I may be going to Lexington again soon. I'll try to rectify that if I do. But forewarned - I don't really care about bourbon.

edit #2: So guessing may not lead me to a better restaurant - but it leaves me "better off" as it is my preference in such situations. So in some ways, we're both right.

Yes. I don't recall where I was but a few years ago a Yelp recommendation turned bad. And it wasn't even that the food or service was bad - it was that the place wasn't what I was led to expect and ...

That was a one-timer and I understand that any site, including here, is capable of such disappointment. ...

Admittedly, I haven't used Yelp much so maybe I'm unfair. I just find guessing to be generally more rewarding in the situations where I might use Yelp.

Jay, Jay, Jay ( :) ). With serious and due respect, and a smile, I'd assume you're kidding where it not for the lack of any emoticons or any obvious humor. "a Yelp recc turned bad" and "any site..is capable of such disappointment."?! Sites are tools. Have to focus at least a bit on the possibly of operator error when using a tool, no? Again, DR is vastly superior to Yelp on content and community quality. There's simply no comparison. However, Yelp has a huge amount of content. Much...maybe even the great majority...of it is crap. But the law of large numbers dictates that some small percentage is of better quality. So HOW one might rarely interact with Yelp is critical and, in my own experience, using it as a backup to backups, can be very helpful when on the road if you use it smartly. How should one use Yelp when forced to? Different topic but one covered on this or another thread. But, given that the majority of restaurants are not so great wherever you are, a little technique with Yelp in backwaters will nearly always yield way better results than guessing...even for you. :)

edit: I may be going to Lexington again soon. I'll try to rectify that if I do. But forewarned - I don't really care about bourbon.

You do that and you're restored to hero status despite the crazy musings on yelp vs. guessing (a site I don't personally like anymore than you do). I need some help and I'm not confident that I'll be able to get it here on dr.com, as much as I love dr.com. You could prove that wrong. You could restore some faith. Gauntlet lain.

@darkstar: If you were visiting Cheyenne, Wy, Yelp might not be the best alternative. Yelp reviews tend to thin out away from major cities, or the deeper one goes into the suburbs of major cities. It gets more coverage in urban areas.

I looked up cheyenne, Wy restaurants in yelp, bing.com and google.com. Bing has search results as does google that reference other potential review sources such as tripadvisor. It has reviews via the more regional/local strong directory dexknows.

Bing has a deal with yelp. It reviews restaurants and shows the yelp reviews. It also references other review sources in its results. Bing also has a deal with facebook. If your FB friends like "something on FB, you can see it in Bing. Of course if:

1. I were traveling to Cheyenne, Wy.

2. I had fine or quality dining on my mind

3. I had friends who dined in and around Cheyenne................. I'd probably just call my friends.

Google has been pushing its own volume of reviews. In scanning the volume of reviews (just volume--not quality) it appears there might be a similar quantity of reviews on the local pages of restaurants in google as in yelp// just roughly.

In looking at a list of top restaurants in yelp for cheyenne, Wyoming #7 was Godfather's pizza.

My guess is that if I were looking for better cuisine I'd find it in the DC region more easily than in Cheyenne. :D Just guessing, of course.

An example of how review sites get twisted

There was a story from late 2011 that shows how review sites get twisted. I'm recopying from Dec, 2011 from the Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/20/alabama-immigration-law-deli-owner_n_1022535.html

Basically the owner of a deli in Birmingham Alabama spoke out about the problems with the Alabama immigration law, at that time. As referenced in the article the guy's restaurant started getting a huge volume of attack reviews: Then the first copy of the Huff Post article came out and the guy's site started getting positive reviews.

You can see the review volume at its google local page here: https://plus.google.com/102137604670770131103/about?hl=en

The people who were pissed off about the owner's politics ripped the restaurant for hair in the soup and illegal aliens working in the restaurant. The people who supported the owner said it was the best deli south of NYC.

It appears most of those old reviews are still up.

The big commercial review sites can get twisted!!!!

Jay, Jay, Jay ( :) ). With serious and due respect, and a smile, I'd assume you're kidding where it not for the lack of any emoticons or any obvious humor. "a Yelp recc turned bad" and "any site..is capable of such disappointment."?! Sites are tools. Have to focus at least a bit on the possibly of operator error when using a tool, no? Again, DR is vastly superior to Yelp on content and community quality. There's simply no comparison. However, Yelp has a huge amount of content. Much...maybe even the great majority...of it is crap. But the law of large numbers dictates that some small percentage is of better quality. So HOW one might rarely interact with Yelp is critical and, in my own experience, using it as a backup to backups, can be very helpful when on the road if you use it smartly. How should one use Yelp when forced to? Different topic but one covered on this or another thread. But, given that the majority of restaurants are not so great wherever you are, a little technique with Yelp in backwaters will nearly always yield way better results than guessing...even for you. :)

You do that and you're restored to hero status despite the crazy musings on yelp vs. guessing (a site I don't personally like anymore than you do). I need some help and I'm not confident that I'll be able to get it here on dr.com, as much as I love dr.com. You could prove that wrong. You could restore some faith. Gauntlet lain.

I hear you but wasn't kidding.

I know that Yelp is a tool and will normally help. But sometimes I don't mind rolling the dice. I don't mind turning off the GPS system every now and again and seeing what happens.

Not long ago it was a Friday night and my wife and I dediced to "roadtrip." We couldn't really decide where, we didn't really care. So I just had her name a compass direction. We packed a bag and started driving that way. We drove until we couldn't drive anymore (it got late) and just grabbed the next hotel. In the morning we figured out where we were and what we were going to do by winging it.

I'm OK if some meals aren't better than average. I'm OK taking that chance. In fact, I found that I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with my own find than be disappointed with the Yelp-directed instructions. So I don;t use Yelp.

I will look here and I will take the advice here. And I will use the "Around Me" app just to figure out what's close by. The rest is chance, and no matter what happens - I'll eat again within 12 hours.

I remember being in a small town in Tennessee {we had turned off the highway to see the world's largest ball of string or Jan & Dean's Birthplace {even thought they were born elsewhere... don't ask}} and we were gassing up the rental. We asked if we could get a good lunch anywhere nearby and the lady behind the counter brightened and said yeah, we got a lot of great spots for lunch.... The Burger King, McDonalds, Denny's, even the 7-11 has good sandwiches.... She said it in such a way that it was pretty clear she was serious and not putting down a couple of city slickers. SO we sadly decided to head back to the highway but had to go one block further away to turn around. Lo and behold, there was a drecrepit spot called Ella's {my mom was Ella} that was an old fashioned coffee shop. We walked in, past the liard table and enjoyed the decor of old fashioned toaster {the kind that went on a stove or a fire, not electric} and had a couple of sandwiches, old fashioned percolator coffee and real homemade desserts. Never did get to one of the town's fine dining establishments

I hear you but wasn't kidding.

I know that Yelp is a tool and will normally help. But sometimes I don't mind rolling the dice. I don't mind turning off the GPS system every now and again and seeing what happens.

Not long ago it was a Friday night and my wife and I dediced to "roadtrip." We couldn't really decide where, we didn't really care. So I just had her name a compass direction. We packed a bag and started driving that way. We drove until we couldn't drive anymore (it got late) and just grabbed the next hotel. In the morning we figured out where we were and what we were going to do by winging it.

I'm OK if some meals aren't better than average. I'm OK taking that chance. In fact, I found that I'd rather be pleasantly surprised with my own find than be disappointed with the Yelp-directed instructions. So I don;t use Yelp.

I will look here and I will take the advice here. And I will use the "Around Me" app just to figure out what's close by. The rest is chance, and no matter what happens - I'll eat again within 12 hours.

Well, geez. I don't disagree with any of that and love what you guys did. Dean did it in Tennessee (just above). I've done that too. I think everyone should do it and do it semi-regularly.

But a bit of bobbing and weaving maybe? In a way any member of Congress might totally respect irrespective of party? :)

I thought we were discussing whether or not guessing or yelp was a better way to determine a good restaurant in an unfamiliar area. You said guessing. I said hogwash. If you use yelp correctly when in some backwater, it's surely better than guessing.

Now you're talking about purposely not doing any research for the sake of spontaneity and discovery. Well, yeah! Sure. Different but great point.

So clearly we're both right. But, if our paths cross at some point offline, maybe the round of beers or coffee should be on you. :D

Well, geez. I don't disagree with any of that and love what you guys did. Dean did it in Tennessee (just above). I've done that too. I think everyone should do it and do it semi-regularly.

But a bit of bobbing and weaving maybe? In a way any member of Congress might totally respect irrespective of party? :)

I thought we were discussing whether or not guessing or yelp was a better way to determine a good restaurant in an unfamiliar area. You said guessing. I said hogwash. If you use yelp correctly when in some backwater, it's surely better than guessing.

Now you're talking about purposely not doing any research for the sake of spontaneity and discovery. Well, yeah! Sure. Different but great point.

So clearly we're both right. But, if our paths cross at some point offline, maybe the round of beers or coffee should be on you. :D

Ah, indeed. We agree to agree.

I did say that I found it more rewarding to not use Yelp, and yes, all the while I was thinking 'bigger picture' - not just quality of restaurant but the quality of that next few hours. I suppose I'll grant you that Yelp will help find the better quality places...but I'm still not entirely convinced of that when so often the experience is a package deal and you can 'back out' pretty easily. (Meaning, for instance, that if you walk in and the place smells bad - then the food probably isn't getting attention either. Your senses and experience can filter a lot of stuff, but Yelp's filters aren't always aligned with your wants/needs).

Also note that I'm not a high-end guy. I like every experience I've had at a Top 100 restaurant but I'm also just as happy with just some decent spaghetti or some fresh soup. So yes, you might be thinking that Yelp will help identify the highest grade restaurant in the area and that's probably true - where I'm just seeking food that that was made by people who gave a shit about what they put on the plate. So my random guesses tend to be pretty good; you can tell when a place cares. Yelp sometimes, by virtue of their business model, focuses us into restaurants that care only about what they put into their pocket.

The best places, frankly, are those that do BOTH well - and so Yelp isn't always wrong, nor am I. So...I don't need Yelp.

(Sweet Mother - the real answer is that I stupidly bought the 8GB iPhone instead of the 64GB iPhone, then loaded it with songs and can't really figure out how to get any of them back off. So my iPhone memory is full and I can't get many apps on. So Yelp was there but had to go to make room for other time waster apps. So maybe that's why I don't use Yelp. Or maybe all that nonsense above.)

I'm sitting here, sipping a Willett, and wondering why Yelp is kicking my ass (I think it's the same reason why musicians criticize Lady Gaga, but that's not my point).

I Googled "Yelp Top Rated DC" (no quotes) and got the following page with the following list:

#1 Pi Truck DC

#2 Manouch Hot Dog Stand

#3 Minibar

#4 Hana Japanese Market

#5 Obelisk

#6 Basil Thyme

To all the restauranteurs I've supported over the years who have a Yelp sticker in their front window, and no mention of this website anywhere: Go dig up your dead grandmother and fuck her eye socket.

Well, there's now a list that's almost as laughable (almost):

"The 10 Best Restaurants In Washington DC: Dining In The Capital" by It'sNotHerFault on theculturetrip.com

To save you the trouble of clicking the link:

Art and Soul

BlackSalt

Blue Duck Tavern

Busboys and Poets

Marcel's

Martin's Tavern

Old Ebbitt Grill

Rasika

The Oval Room

Zaytinya

A great, great, great response by the restaurant.  Its point by point, it is explicit, and it underlies the threat context of yelp or any review source.  Bravo to the restaurateur.

It reminded me of an anecdote from back in time. Long ago I was a newbie functionary in an office around the corner from Duke's at Connecticut and L.  Our execs had corporate accounts at Dukes.  I guess they ate there pretty frequently.  At times some of the lowly staff, such as I, would work late.  We could use the corporate accts for dinner at Duke's.  They did take out for us.  Steaks in containers.  I don't know if Duke's normally did take out on a customer order basis.  I'd doubt it, but I don't recall.  If they did, then our situation was the norm.  If they didn't than it was an accommodation for the corporate accounts.

I didn't like working late.  I liked the steaks.  The take out steaks were good...BUT they were dramatically worse than dining in, getting them hot and fresher.  Good...but dramatically worse than inside the restaurant and promptly brought to the table.

Back to the present.  Bravo to the restaurant for sticking to its guns, and responding to the blackmail threat.

While travelling, I find I have excellent luck using the Yelp app on my iPad and the search term "farm to table" to find places I will probably like. The kind of place where the menu will tell you which farm each food comes from. While my husband drives, I can read the online menus and soon figure out which ones are sincere and which ones are posers. Scored another winner last night, Knox Market in Knoxville. Will post review later.

You can winnow through reviews using the Big Five personality traits. The most useful are neuroticism, agreeableness, and openness, but neuroticism is really key.

First question, are the reviews generally favorable? If so, the following applies to the negative reviews.

If a reviewer harps on cleanliness, they are probably neurotic.

If they harp on treatment by the staff, both neurotic and short on agreeableness. Or too young or too badly dressed to be taken seriously.

If they complain about the prices, probably short on money and out of their comfort zone.

If the reviews are generally unfavorable, forget about it.

While travelling, I find I have excellent luck using the Yelp app on my iPad and the search term "farm to table" to find places I will probably like. The kind of place where the menu will tell you which farm each food comes from. While my husband drives, I can read the online menus and soon figure out which ones are sincere and which ones are posers. Scored another winner last night, Knox Market in Knoxville. Will post review later.

Please do - we could use a Knoxville thread.

Dear potential investors, venture capitalists, and partners: We are the best restaurant website in the world. We have one, unpaid employee (me), no debt, no expenses (except for hosting the website), and 12 years worth of content. Please consider what this can mean to you, and get in touch with me. Let's do this together - I'm ready to work with you. Cheers, Rocks

Here are Yelp's Top 8 restaurants in Washington, DC as of today, Dec 13, 2016. Yelp has nearly a $3 Billion market cap. They are our only serious competition, if you can call this "serious." I hope to hear from you.

The Best of Yelp

Best Restaurants in Washington, DC

• Calabash
      1. Calabash
      5.0 star rating
      149 reviews
      DON C.
      Sunyatta is a tea master and very knowledgeable about teas.
    • Rose's Luxury
      4.5 star rating
      1266 reviews
      Benjamin O.
      Coconut ice cream with lime shavings - the most refreshing ice cream ever.
    • Un Je Ne Sais Quoi
      4.5 star rating
      177 reviews
      Mike M.
      I picked out two merveilleux--one violet, one chocolate--and a Paris-Brest.
    • Keren Restaurant
      4.5 star rating
      637 reviews
      Rebecca W.
      Ask for recommendation if you've never had Eritrean food.
    • Komi
      5. Komi
      4.5 star rating
      644 reviews
      Evan H.
      We also opted for a wine pairing, giving the night an even bigger thrill.
    • Neopol Savory Smokery
      4.5 star rating
      127 reviews
      Davie C.
      I simply cannot go to Union Market without stopping by Neopol!
    • Barmini By José Andrés
      4.5 star rating
      216 reviews
      Dan A.
      As always, drinks like veruka salt and nakamura are also good choices.
    • &pizza
      8. &pizza
      4.5 star rating
      607 reviews
      Sarah S.
      I started with the Gnarlic using the ancient grains crust.