dr.com $20 Laotian Tuesday at Bangkok Golden - Friday February 17 11:45 am

Ericandblueboy

We did ask for some dishes Lao hot but I don't think the kitchen took us seriously. So the dishes generally weren't as hot as the food I had at Little Serow. When we added two more dishes, Koi Pah being one of them, we did ask them to really spice it up. While Dean might've enjoyed the Koi Pah, it was more than I can enjoyablely handle. I really enjoyed the chitlin soup - very sour, very salty, but the innards had a nice clean flavor - you almost couldn't tell you're eating stomach and intestines.

It was delicious, I tried a bit of everything, except the beef larb & soup (saving room for other stuff)-my favorites were the kaing som pah (fish soup) & Koi pah. I think I was expecting more heat, too, but it was nice that we were able to end the meal with the spicier dishes. I loved the tamarind fish soup, not spicy, but so satisfying, I think I could bathe in it...everyone's accounts of Little Serow have convinced me to strong-arm my husband out one night soon...

Chiming in late...but an excellent lunch. I would place Bangkok Golden Lao menu in the top tier for "Mom & Pop Strip Mall Ethnic Food" Lot of fresh flavors. From the list Eric posted I would rate the the highlights for me as:

CHUNH MUN KOONG $6.95 Shrimp cake with Lao curry, bean & fresh dill. Served with cucumber sauce

SAI OUA/LAO SPICY SAUSAGE $8.95 Pork sausage stuffed with lemongrass, herbs & fresh dills.

NAM KHAO/CRISPY RICE SALAD $8.95 Crispy & spicy rice with herbs, shredded coconut & seasoned with lime juice, onion, ham. Served with fresh lettuce.

KAING KEUANG NAI $ 8.95 Beef tripe, chitlin, & beef broth

LARB PED (DUCK) $13.95

PING MOO/GRILLED PORK $8.95 Pork marinated with house sauce, lemongrass, ginger

MOAK NORMAI/BAMBOO $ 8.95 Julienne bamboo, seasoned Lao style curry, pork, coconut milk

MOAK: TILAPIA $8.95 seasoned in chili paste with lemongrass, fresh dill

Looking forward to a return trip soon!