Sign in to follow this  
DrXmus

Dining in Hampden

I'm constantly shocked when I read about fine dining/drinking in Hampden. In 1989-90, I lived on W. 35th St. and the only places to eat were corner bars and the diner on the Avenue. The community was all white, all Baltimoron and any diversity was quickly drummed out of the area.

I'm happy Hampden has become such a bright spot.

Me too. We visited friends in Baltimore for 4 days recently (went to the 2 Yankee/Orioles games that NY won... go Yankees... but I digress...). At any rate, some of our friends live in Hampden and we managed to go to the street fair that Saturday. Not every street fair has a toilet race. Nice.

By the way, I found the wine/cheese store off the main street to be excellent. Really knowledgable, friendly and well stocked in both areas.

Yep, that's the one. Our friends go there regularly, as would we if we lived there and not here in Brooklyn. Too long a commute, even for wine and cheese. Besides, we have a few local places ourselves. Thanks.

The Food Market in Hampden has a pretty good brunch. It's been a few years, but it was tasty (and crowded).