Christmas, 2012

DonRocks

Alex Baldinger of the Going Out Gurus has published this piece on where to dine on Christmas Day this year. I'm really glad he did because I'm flying solo this year for dinner. Does anyone else know of restaurants that are serving dinner?

BTW, I can verify that Ravi Kabob has been *packed* on Christmas in the last couple of years, and when I say packed, I mean it might be their busiest day of the year, so unless there's a bar somewhere that's open, it will probably pay to plan ahead a bit.

I miss my mom. :(

It may be a casual/sports bar-ish, but Crystal City Sports pub is open as usual for Christmas and has special menu's including Prime Rib for $17. I no longer have the email with the x-mass offers, but I'd expect this page to be updated tomorrow: http://www.ccsportsp...m/Specials.html

Most likely they have some sort of brunch/breakfast bar with traditional items in the AM. Call it basic comfort food for a basic price. The pub is huge so I doubt space will be an issue, but it probably will be lively.

Open Table has a list of restaurants allegedly open on Christmas Day. I also suspect that many restaurants co-located with a hotel may likely be open, although I would not necessarily recommend the restaurant at the Best Western Iwo Jima, where I ate many a breakfast when I lived down the street from the Quaterdeck (late nights at the Quarterdeck meant someone else cooked breakfast in the morning). I do fondly recall the place (which I do not believe was owned by Best Western at the time) if for no other reason than it is associated with my (relative) youth and it was the only place I have ever been that served hottles of coffee. I will never go back to see if they do still serve coffee in hottles. I would not want to live in a world where that would no longer be true. I will rely on memories instead. Happy Holidays!

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2012 at 6:27 PM, dcs said:

Open Table has a list of restaurants allegedly open on Christmas Day. I also suspect that many restaurants co-located with a hotel may likely be open, although I would not necessarily recommend the restaurant at the Best Western Iwo Jima, where I ate many a breakfast when I lived down the street from the Quaterdeck (late nights at the Quarterdeck meant someone else cooked breakfast in the morning). I do fondly recall the place (which I do not believe was owned by Best Western at the time) if for no other reason than it is associated with my (relative) youth and it was the only place I have ever been that served hottles of coffee. I will never go back to see if they do still serve coffee in hottles. I would not want to live in a world where that would no longer be true. I will rely on memories instead. Happy Holidays!

New Hotel, Residential Building Proposed in Redevelopment of Rosslyn Best Western, by Tim Regan — January 24, 2017 at 5:15 pm on ARLnow.com

On 12/24/2012 at 6:27 PM, dcs said:

Best Western Hotel in Rosslyn Now a Red Lion, by Chris Teale October 19, 2017 at 12:45 pm, on ARLnow.com.  Conspicuously absent is any mention of their policies and practices with respect to hottles on a go forward basis.