Quality Discount Tire & Auto, Owner Steve Colburn on Howard Avenue in Kensington

I have used the services of Quality Discount Tire & Auto in Kensington, MD twice in the last two years. My most recent visit was this morning and I emerged just as pleased as on my first visit. Each time I have received excellent, prompt service and advice. The prices are extremely reasonable: On both visits my final bill was considerably less than what I would have expected and probably would have been charged elsewhere. The owner/manager, Steve Colburn, is a very nice, entertaining guy who has a great deal of experience and really knows what he's about. I would recommend Quality Discount Tire to anyone without reservation. Well, maybe one reservation: the waiting room leaves a lot to be desired -- it's tiny and cramped and has no amenities except that it's right there by the front desk and Steve's banter with the customers and staff can be quite entertaining. On the other hand, you won't have to spend much time in it either. My visit this morning to buy a new tire and have all my tires rotated and balanced took exactly 30 minutes.

Quality Discount Tire & Auto

4000 Howard Avenue

Kensington, MD

(301) 493-6902

Laura Belden

• Like 1

Just an FYI that Quality Discount Tire moved down the street a few months ago.  Their new address is: 4111 Howard Avenue, Kensington, MD.  Phone number is the same.  I haven't been to the new location as I sold my car after moving into DC, but I hear that it's much more spacious, so presumably the waiting room is more comfortable as well.

Laura