Pesce, Dupont Circle, in the old Montsouris Space - Chef-Owner Andrew LaPorta Purchases Restaurant from Founder Regine Palladin on Jan 1, 2017

They have done this since the day they opened. I found it charming. :)

It is, but my preference is for an actual menu I can hold in front of me to consider my options, ideally with a drink or cocktail in hand. Just my preference.

Don't sit at the bar at Sally's Middle Name - you'll pull every muscle in your neck and upper back! :lol:

I almost typed that out about Pesce. I kid you not. Besides, my eyes continue to get all fuzzy. A real menu please!

I went there with my husband this past Saturday and it’s still a great place to go.  We were seated in the front room next to the big window overlooking the street which was enjoyable.  We also loved the fish inspired artwork on the walls.  We split the tuna tartare for an appetizer and for our main course we both had different preparations of butterfish.  The waitress (I don’t know her name, but she’s been working there for years) said all the fish is good but she encouraged us to try something different and it was well worth it.  The butterfish was crusty on top and very moist on the inside.  I can see why they call it butterfish, I wish I could cook like this at home.  It came with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and pumpkin seeds.  The Brussels sprouts and cauliflower were not whole but were shredded.  It’s difficult for me to describe in words but it was very tasty and it almost seemed caramelized.  Last but not least, we split the chocolate tart for dessert which is always one of my favorites.  I had a glass of Sancerre from France and my husband had two glass of Albarino from Spain, both were outstanding.  We love going to this place.  It’s quality food at a reasonable price.

• Like 5

Excerpted from their web site:

"Chef Andrew LaPorta has helmed the kitchen for the last two years" [...]  "As of January 1, 2017, Mr. LaPorta has purchased Pesce from Ms. Palladin. The core ethos that has brought Pesce success will not be changing. Mr. LaPorta is honored to be assuming the mantle that Ms. Palladin has worked so hard to maintain."

I'm a little sad that I probably won't see Regine again. Always enjoyed chatting with her.

• Sad 1

Pesce Too.  Now open on the Hill.

Pesce is in residence, taking over the upstairs dining room area of the Eastern Market location of Bullfrog Bagels.  This is where Dorjee Momo did their pop-up run.

Dinner Wed-Sat 5:30pm-10pm.  It is for the next three months, but the article don't give a specific end date.  So, until June-ish(?).  They will be serving a truncated menu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tweaked said:

Pesce Too.  Now open on the Hill.

Pesce is in residence, taking over the upstairs dining room area of the Eastern Market location of Bullfrog Bagels.  This is where Dorjee Momo did their pop-up run.

Dinner Wed-Sat 5:30pm-10pm.  It is for the next three months, but the article don't give a specific end date.  So, until June-ish(?).  They will be serving a truncated menu

Where and how are they going to cook?

37 minutes ago, Tweaked said:

I believe the downstairs of Bullfrog has kitchen space. Perhaps some of the basics are produced at Pesce's mothership.  

Dorjee Momo was able to produce an interesting, short and varied menu using the Bullfrog space.  

Yeah, the food Dorjee Momo was serving was being prepared and run up from downstairs.