2 Amys, Wisconsin Ave. and Macomb Street - Great Wine, Small Plates, Pizza, and Desserts - No Longer DOCG Pizza, but Who Cares?

It’s such a pleasure to enjoy a high level restaurant that:

* includes all service charges in their menu prices

* DOES NOT have a “Tip” line on the credit card bill

I recently went to a high-level restaurant that had the first, but also presented the diner with a blank tip line on the credit card bill (in case your service was so good, you might feel compelled to leave more than 23%, or whatever the going rate is).

Thank you, 2 Amys. Now, please get some comfy bar chairs!

IMG_0570.jpegIMG_0572.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DonRocks said:

It’s such a pleasure to enjoy a high level restaurant that:

* includes all service charges in their menu prices

* DOES NOT have a “Tip” line on the credit card bill

I recently went to a high-level restaurant that had the first, but also presented the diner with a blank tip line on the credit card bill (in case your service was so good, you might feel compelled to leave more than 23%, or whatever the going rate is).

Thank you, 2 Amys. Now, please get some comfy bar chairs!

IMG_0570.jpegIMG_0572.jpeg

Was there a few weeks ago and had the exact same reaction about the (no) tipping. Such a delight. Bar stools didn’t bother me that much either. :)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Tweaked said:

2Amys was on point last night.  The specials menu was packed with delicious things.  One of the best nights in a while.

We enjoyed:

Sicilian anchovies with bread, butter, and olive oil

Oven roasted spring onions wrapped in prosciutto

Arrosticini with lemon (lamb skewers.  Amazing)

Capicola cotta tonnato (shaved capicola with tuna sauce. Also amazing) 

Shaved artichoke salad with pecorino, lemon, and mint

Dairy cow carpaccio the harry's bar way (also, also amazing)

A surf and turf pizza of our own creation with cockles and pork sausage cooked well done

Strawberry ice cream and a cookie plate

We didn't have room for the grilled squid salad, pork liver terrine, potato and prosciutto croquettes, nor Tuscan steak night.

God, those croquettes are one of the things I miss most about Washington!

On 5/17/2023 at 11:10 AM, Tweaked said:

2Amys was on point last night.  The specials menu was packed with delicious things.  One of the best nights in a while.

We enjoyed:

Dairy cow carpaccio the harry's bar way (also, also amazing)

Can you describe what this actually was? it sounds like thinly sliced cheese but what type of cheese and what is harry's bar way? Thanks. I'm always impressed with their non-pizza specials and apps.

1 hour ago, KeithA said:

Can you describe what this actually was? it sounds like thinly sliced cheese but what type of cheese and what is harry's bar way? Thanks. I'm always impressed with their non-pizza specials and apps.

It's beef carpaccio from the six year old dairy cows that they use for the Tuscan steak nights, served like they serve it at Harry's Bar in Venice.

609552604_BeefHarrys.jpg.c8914645d7850030cbfcf8c8bb4c8d9f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night: Porchetta di Testa with local white beans and salsa verde.

Porchetta di testa is a deboned pig head, the various fleshy parts (neck, jowl, etc.) are rolled and stuffed with herbs and garlic like a porchetta.  Served thinly sliced with the salsa verde, white beans, and some salad greens.  Mind blown.

Porchetta di Testa2.jpg

• Like 7

A solid evening at 2 Amys.  Not a ton of specials on the wine bar menu, must be a Monday thing.

The hit of the night was the Tongue and Tail Aspic.  Also good was the Capicola with tuna spuma and cress.  The fava bean crostini was tasty as always.  Unfortunately the skin on the pickled mackerel was on the chew side.  Chris behind the bar thought that perhaps the membrane between the scales and skin hadn't been properly dealt with. 

TongueandTail.jpg.267509ba9f0ddf84fc666d8aba45eceb.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1