Earl's Sandwiches, Owner Steve Dugan's Carryout Cafe in Clarendon near the Courthouse Border

1 hour ago, DonRocks said:

This is certainly a theoretical problem with the expansion of Sfoglina - it doesn't take a lot of training to cook good pasta; it takes a *lot* of training and experience to consistently execute good sauces (the saucier is an *extremely* important component in a traditional restaurant brigade).

Speaking of saucier’s, I know Steve Dugan of Earl’s was a saucier for a fair amount of time.   That doesn’t connect to his specialty of sandwiches, unless he is applying that skill and knowledge to in house condiments, which may well be, but it does apply to his consistent production of turkey stock, which is used in his soups, and I suspect in house condiments and spreads.

I take it back; his saucier skills and experience probably do play out in his sandwiches. 

During December, as one of their "Fab Four" of specialty lunches Earl's is featuring a blackened salmon with cajun fries and cole slaw dish/combo;  a little more involved than standard Earl's offers.  It is delicious and filling.  Didn't even try the cole slaw. 

Earl's Sandwiches--still performing food miracles!!!!