mktye

Dessert - The Polyphonic Dessert Blog

We had guests over three nights in a row so I made a batch of salted peanut butter cookies and a double batch of molasses spice cookies. Both keep soft very well and, served up with some freshly whipped cream, pleased everyone mightily.

The pawpaw-coconut semifreddo turned out great. Last two nights was pawpaw Victoria sandwich with whipped coconut cream. Still have a lot of pawpaws to use. One thing's for sure, though: dairy and coconut both tame the sharp, terpene-y taste that some pawpaws have.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 6:52 AM, porcupine said:

The pawpaw-coconut semifreddo turned out great. Last two nights was pawpaw Victoria sandwich with whipped coconut cream. Still have a lot of pawpaws to use. One thing's for sure, though: dairy and coconut both tame the sharp, terpene-y taste that some pawpaws have.

Wanted you to know that the paw paw bread we had last Saturday at Restaurant at Patowmack Farms was just about the best part of the meal! The paw paws were foraged on site.  Where do you get yours?

17 hours ago, MC Horoscope said:

Wanted you to know that the paw paw bread we had last Saturday at Restaurant at Patowmack Farms was just about the best part of the meal! The paw paws were foraged on site.  Where do you get yours?

Not far from that restaurant is an established pawpaw orchard; the owner lets people come and pick by appointment. If you'd like his contact info send me a message.

• Like 1

After finishing the plum harvest for this year, I made Marian Burros' plum tart with a handful of our bounty. My niece described it as being "like a cookie," which it kind of was -- dense, with a nice crunchy crust around the edges. It was simple and delicious and went perfectly with afternoon coffee and ice cream. I think next time, I'd make it with some almond flour and possibly some spices.