MMM

Naples, Italy

Suggestions for nonpizza places?  We'll work through the list above but knowing my parents we'll need some other choices.

Also, suggestions for Sorrento?

...Also, suggestions for Sorrento?

I mentioned the fruit groves and liqueurs in the Amalfi Coast thread, and here I'll recommend with a caveat the Taverna Azzurra.  The food was good, not outstanding, but the view of the water and Mount Vesuvius across the bay was spectacular at sunset.

Sorrento... La Vela Blanca for expensive but worth it seafood.  A perfect "the parents are paying for it" kind of place.

Davide's for gelato.  Its inthe centro, past the Duomo and down to the right IIRC.  Superb fruit flavored gelati and intense citrus based sorbetti.

Davide's for gelato.  Its inthe centro, past the Duomo and down to the right IIRC.  Superb fruit flavored gelati and intense citrus based sorbetti.  

Si, si, si for Davide!  I was in Sorrento with someone who has lived in the area all her life and she took me to Davide's.

Headed to Naples for three nights and Sorrento for two Jan 3-8.  Planning a day trip to Capri, two days driving around the Amalfi Coast, and a stop at Herculaneum.  Any must do/eats for January or on epiphany?