Wine from the Finger Lakes

MMM

I'm looking for some wine from the Finger Lakes region of New York State. Anyone know where to find it around town?
Total Wine. Mainly carry Bully Hill (blech), but I've occasionally spotted Konstantin Frank and Hermann J Weimer in the McLean store

Total wine sometimes has the stuff but its generally Hazlitt or Bully Hill which is nasty (unless you like sweet grape juice). Total Wine (Alexandria store) generally has Salmon Run which is Dr Frank's 2nd Run stuff which is decent.

Sometimes Whole Foods has Dr. Frank or Wiemer. A wine store should be able to get you Wiemer or Dr Frank though on order from their distributor since its widely available.

You best bet may be to order direct from the wineries (Dr. Frank's shipping is very reasonable last time I ordered) or find a neighbors kid who goes to Cornell and have them bring it back for you.

If you need any wine recommendations from up there, give me a hollar.

On 12/7/2006 at 11:02 AM, Adam23 said:

Total wine sometimes has the stuff but its generally Hazlitt or Bully Hill which is nasty (unless you like sweet grape juice). Total Wine (Alexandria store) generally has Salmon Run which is Dr Frank's 2nd Run stuff which is decent.

Sometimes Whole Foods has Dr. Frank or Wiemer. A wine store should be able to get you Wiemer or Dr Frank though on order from their distributor since its widely available.

You best bet may be to order direct from the wineries (Dr. Frank's shipping is very reasonable last time I ordered) or find a neighbors kid who goes to Cornell and have them bring it back for you.

If you need any wine recommendations from up there, give me a hollar.

I like Hermann Wiemer better. Good stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

I like Hermann Wiemer better. Good stuff.

Probably the best winery in the finger lakes next to Heron Hill.  Although I haven't been there is a long time.  Also, Wegmans stores in Virginia typically have a pretty good selection, which makes sense as the Finger Lakes are in their back yard.

11 hours ago, pras said:

Probably the best winery in the finger lakes next to Heron Hill.  Although I haven't been there is a long time.  Also, Wegmans stores in Virginia typically have a pretty good selection, which makes sense as the Finger Lakes are in their back yard.

I am sure things change over time. It's been about 10 years since I've been up that way, but enjoyed my time exploring there. I am sure wineries come and go there just like anyplace else.