Requin, at the Wharf in Southwest DC - Both Locations Have Closed

Havent seen this online anywhere but apparently the Requin at Mosaic District closed this weekend (per a server at Mosaic Alta Strada).  Apparently they were already struggling a bit as is and walking by after recent Isabella news came to light the place was near empty even during prime hours.

2 hours ago, FranklinDubya said:

Havent seen this online anywhere but apparently the Requin at Mosaic District closed this weekend (per a server at Mosaic Alta Strada).  Apparently they were already struggling a bit as is and walking by after recent Isabella news came to light the place was near empty even during prime hours.

Screenshot 2018-04-17 at 14.20.29.png

I never enjoyed the Mosaic Requin so not really sad to see it go... service was almost always unpleasant, on my best visits the food maybe broached "good", and at worst was terrible, and the price was consistently way too high for what you got.  The wine list, cheeses, bread and desserts were all good but the overall experience left me unhappy more often than not.  That should be a good spot for a restaurant so I'd love to see something (not from Isabella) get put in there.

Used to really enjoy the place when I lived in Fairfax, and Chef Jen was still at the helm. I had the feeling they were doomed when she left, since she had the business sense to make changes to fit the area's customer base. 

Put the right business there, and it will do very well. 

Was at Requin a few weeks ago, and first let me say that the entire wharf area is beautiful, really impressive, and remarkably well done. I owned a house nearby in SW about 7 years ago, and if I only had the money to have kept it as a rental property! Anyway, DC really got it right this time.

The food was good to great: asparagus salad, tuna tartare, gnocchi, and the fries that came with the steak were all things I'd order again (if I ever went back, which I wont). The steak itself was just fine. We got some other things but i don't remember what they were.

The prices were outrageous. I believe the steak was $75, which is absurd. It's a small plate restaurant, but the prices don't seem to have taken these smaller portions into account, with many at $20-$25. Also, when we placed our original order, our server suggested we order one more item, which at small-plate-places is usually welcome advice given they know portion sizes, etc. However, after completing the meal, we had originally order plenty of food, so his rec seemed disingenuous in hindsight. Oh well.