Squire's Rock Creek Chophouse, Executive Chef Scott Squire Also Runs Limerick Pub - Closed

From what I've read here, this is coming from the owners of the Limerick Pub, Squire's Rock Creek Chop House is opening just across the street on Price Ave in Wheaton. The concept reminds me of Ferdinands. I don't expect a destination restaurant, but perhaps a local watering hole where family can gather? Will be interesting to see how it is priced as well.

• Like 1

Full disclosure - one of the owners is a friend/co-worker.  They are really committed to quality with an uncomplicated menu (that I've seen) and a comfortable environment.  There will be music too - a piano by the bar.  I am having brunch there next Sunday as an invited guest for a soft opening.  Will report back.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2015 at 9:58 AM, beachgirl54 said:

Full disclosure - one of the owners is a friend/co-worker.  They are really committed to quality with an uncomplicated menu (that I've seen) and a comfortable environment.  There will be music too - a piano by the bar.  I am having brunch there next Sunday as an invited guest for a soft opening.  Will report back.

Brunch was lovely - again, a soft opening but I think they'll do just fine. Buffet of omelets made to order, waffles, lots of fresh fruit, smoked fish . . .  you wouldn't want for anything.  Brunch prices are $15.95 for adults, $10.95 for kids and drinks are extra.  My 6 year old said later that night, "Mom, that brunch we had today was actually really good."  Nuff said.

I also got to see the draft of the menu - basics, lots of steak, and a cod in butter bath that sounded delicious.

There was live music during brunch that was totally unobtrusive.

I think they'll do really well - and all the new construction around that area is sure to help.  Grand opening is the 30th.  And they are close to sold out for New Years.

• Like 1

They've rebranded as Rock Creek Kitchen. Per their website they have comfort food at comfortable prices. They're now closed on Sundays and Mondays, which surprises me, as I was under the impression that their Sunday brunch was popular. Google has them listed as closed, but they were open last Friday. We briefly checked out the new menu but decided to go to the Limerick Pub across the street (and owned by the same people) instead.

On 2/26/2018 at 8:24 PM, dracisk said:

That's too bad, not that I was particularly interested in either iteration of this restaurant. Maybe something more interesting will take over this space!

-- the eternal optimist

Here's word of something new -- 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Kev29 said:

Here's word of something new -- 

Meh. Doesn't sound interesting, but I suppose one never knows. I'm pretty sure I saw that guy at the Chophouse the one time I ate there. Was he maybe a bartender there?

2 hours ago, dracisk said:

Meh. Doesn't sound interesting, but I suppose one never knows. I'm pretty sure I saw that guy at the Chophouse the one time I ate there. Was he maybe a bartender there?

Mac is an industry vet. Not sure about the Chophouse but he was a longtime Flanagans bartender/investor/operator. 

I'll check it out. I'd be happy with a decent bar set up, Wheaton can use one (Limerick's bar area a bit too small). Not really concerned about food when you have Ren's, Ruan, etc, etc before and after drinks. 

10 minutes ago, Kev29 said:

I'll check it out. I'd be happy with a decent bar set up, Wheaton can use one (Limerick's bar area a bit too small). Not really concerned about food when you have Ren's, Ruan, etc, etc before and after drinks. 

I'm sure I'll check it out, too! Good point about the other nearby dining options. Nava Thai is just down the street!