Apropoe's, in the Marriott Waterfront - American Cuisine at 700 Aliceanna Street, Harbor East

So Apropoe's is a at its core a hotel restaurant, though it tries to give all pretenses not to be. It is stylish with extensive lounge seating with a large bar area in addition to dining near the large windows fronting the harbor. It is very dark, but the tables have lights about two feet over them that they turn on when someone is seated there.

Upon arrival, we were greeted as indifferently as possible by the hostess. Not a great start to the evening and led to my own uninspired choice for dinner. I had the Poe burger, which was really just scary because it was so ineptly prepared. Requested to be cooked medium it came out well done and very hot all the way through. After two bites, it fell apart completely and a quarter of it rolled off of the table and onto the floor. The accompanying herb fries were lukewarm and had few of the promised herbs.

Wife was happier with her pumpkin bisque and duck quesadilla, though she felt the amount of duck in it was excessive relative to the other components. I guess there are worse complaints one could have than too much duck.

Kids pizza was clearly from a food service pizza crust as the kids portion was a full pizza cut in half.

Went into the restaurant with high hopes that it might be a decent restaurant that happened to be located in our hotel. Turned out to be a typical hotel restaurant instead.