Blue Apron - Looking for Help in Working on Ethnic Dishes Rooted in Backstories

Anthemoney

Hi All,

I'm working on a Blue Apron (meal kits) for ethnic dishes rooted in food stories by people who have had them. I'd also like to add a culture component such as regional facts and a Spotify playlist. In my own experience, I've always had a hard time finding authentic, tasty food and usually have had to rely on people I trust to guide me.

I'd love to learn more about how you all go about cooking and eating ethnic foods, and what you love and hate about the process. Attached is a quick sample culture card. Feel free to let me know what you think! If any of you are interested or would like to just discuss, send me a PM with your email, and I'll write you. Thanks!

Best,

An

Dahk Bulgogi (2).pdf

Hi Josh,

Good point. I know that all food can be viewed as ethnic. For this initial cut, I mean traditional dishes for countries besides the United States. I also know that dishes change over time. For example, bulgogi has become much sweeter than what it once was. I would like try to make something where people who have had the dish in area where it was created and know the palate of the current people can vouch for recipes. Hope that helps and feel free to let me know if you have other questions.

Hi Josh,

Good point. I know that all food can be viewed as ethnic. For this initial cut, I mean traditional dishes for countries besides the United States. I also know that dishes change over time. For example, bulgogi has become much sweeter than what it once was. I would like try to make something where people who have had the dish in area where it was created and know the palate of the current people can vouch for recipes. Hope that helps and feel free to let me know if you have other questions.

I once had a Sacher Torte at Hotel Sacher in Vienna, and it was lousy - a bakery a block up the street had an infinitely better version (I think a similar tale could be told at the Omni Parker House in Boston).