"Hamilton" (2015-) - Lin-Manuel Miranda's Musical "Biography" of Alexander Hamilton on Broadway

DonRocks

I just got back from a quick weekend to New York.  The whole trip was animated by absurd amounts of hype--mainly because I reread my dogeared Goethe and decided that sometimes you just gotta pull a Faust and make a bargain.  At least that's how I explain how I procured those Hamilton tickets for Saturday night.  I was afraid the hype would sully the experience, like poor Japanese tourists with Paris Syndrome.  But it didn't!  

Matt (my son) saw Hamilton three weeks ago and *loved* it. It has been playing at the Richard Rodgers Theater since Aug, 2015

I tried to get him to explain it to me, and he kept saying, "You kind of have to just see it."

All I know about it is that the set design and costumes were in period, but the music is something closer to hip-hop - it sounds fascinating.

Lin-Manuel Miranda went to my undergrad (Wesleyan University in Connecticut)!

(I have to say that any time someone mentions "Hamilton.")

As well you should - it's very cool, and I'd be saying the same thing myself.

If we have any Broadway lovers here (of which I am one, albeit semi-retired), I would like nothing more than to use this forum to discuss the theater. Anyone out there?

Even if not Broadway, then local theater - any takers? I used to know so much, then lost it over the decades, and have so much to learn at this point - I almost ache to learn about what I used to love so much.

I can add my 2 cents (as usual) & even intermediate my wife's participation, as her career before New Line Cinema (15 years with them) was as a Stage Manager on & off Broadway. She won't come on any of these boards, but knows most of the NY Mouthfulsfood people (& even went with me to one of the DR picnics when we were in DC at the right time), so she gets what I'm doing here with my virtual friends (well, sorta). We go regularly... American Psycho next week, Long Days Journey last week (it sucked!) & she knows many of those involved on stage and behind the scenes. So... what do you wanna talk about?

I can add my 2 cents (as usual) & even intermediate my wife's participation, as her career before New Line Cinema (15 years with them) was as a Stage Manager on & off Broadway. She won't come on any of these boards, but knows most of the NY Mouthfulsfood people (& even went with me to one of the DR picnics when we were in DC at the right time), so she gets what I'm doing here with my virtual friends (well, sorta). We go regularly... American Psycho next week, Long Days Journey last week (it sucked!) & she knows many of those involved on stage and behind the scenes. So... what do you wanna talk about?

Anything and everything, even the Off-Off-Off-Off stuff.