Trump International Hotel, in the Former Old Post Office Building at 11th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Downtown

DonRocks

2 hours ago, Destruya said:

I do kind of have to admit...I'm surprised he didn't put a giant light-up "TRUMP" along the fascia just below the steeple in all four directions.

I'm guessing he wasn't allowed to put his name on it.  In the article below, it says he has to pay $3M per year to GSA for rent (plus a cut of the profits), so I'm assuming he doesn't actually own the (outside of the) building or he was prohibited from being as tacky and gaudy as he normally is. 

The article is pretty interesting in that they make it seem like it's going to be near impossible to make it financially viable  

"Here's Why Donald Trump's New DC Hotel May Be a Financial Flop" by Russ Choma on m.motherjones.com

1 hour ago, Bart said:

I'm guessing he wasn't allowed to put his name on it.

His name actually is on it; just not in neon. 

TrumpHotel.jpg

I guess the "Old Post Office 'Tower Tours'" are gone for awhile, huh? Having worked in the Rios Building (now the Clinton Building (*)) for years, I went to the food court in the Old Post Office many times, and it was *horrible*.

(*) One interesting tidbit is that (and I must emphasize this is *not* a political statement) even the most tree-hugging EPA employees pretty much agreed that Bush Sr. did more for the EPA than Clinton did, so I wonder why the building was named after Clinton (perhaps tit-for-tat because the Reagan building is just to the west?)

Interestingly, you have the Trump Hotel and the Clinton Building side-by-side, right on the Presidential parade route.

28 minutes ago, DonRocks said:

Interestingly, you have the Trump Hotel and the Clinton Building side-by-side, right on the Presidential parade route.

So regardless of who wins, we'll have a spurned old fogey (with an entitlement complex) glaring down at the procession on the street below Mr. Burns' style. Nice. <_<

• Haha 1