Zombie Coffee and Donuts, An Athens, Georgia Coffee and Donut Shop at 14th and Irving NW, Columbia Heights - Closed

On the very-contentious topic of donuts: I have now gotten them a couple of times from Zombie Coffee and Donuts (address 3100 14th St., but really it's on Irving Street between 14th and 15th).  The first time I was amazed at how good they were.  The second time they were nearly as good.  What is especially good about them is that, unlike so many donuts, they have the crunch of having been fried.  (I would call them, basically, "cake" donuts rather than "yeasted" though I am not an expert.)  They have that good crisp exterior and a nice greasiness.  They offer various "glazes" (including none, basic sugar glaze, chocolate, vanilla, maple, strawberry, lemon) and various "toppings" (including shredded coconut, cereals, candies, and even the absurd bacon). Then they are fabricated to order.  Even with those additions they are not as absurdly cloyingly sweet as some (I'm looking at you, Fractured Prune).  Check it out.