Bánh Mì

So far, I've had them at Pho Binh (Heights location), Les Ba'get on Montrose, Nam Eatery (Heights), and Pho Tan An (Katy).  Pho Binh has been the most consistent (and is closest to my house).  The thit nuong and bo nuong xa have yet to disappoint.  Les Ba'get wins for the most interesting take (the oak-smoked brisket), as well as the delicious house-made shrimp chips, but I've noticed some consistency issues there.  My last sandwich was stuffed with very grisly pork slices, and piled high with strangely flavorless pickled vegetables.

Yet to try the perennial favorite Les Givral's, which seems to have a wide gulf in quality reported between its downtown and Washington Ave. locations.

• Like 1

Les Grival's has very good bread and the grilled pork is better cut/less grisly than what I'm typically getting in the DMV.  But don't miss the spring rolls either, there's something going on in there that seems different or maybe just atypically well-executed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yeah said:

Les Grival's has very good bread and the grilled pork is better cut/less grisly than what I'm typically getting in the DMV.  But don't miss the spring rolls either, there's something going on in there that seems different or maybe just atypically well-executed. 

Thanks for the report! Which location did you go to? Milam St. or the one on Washington?