Taste Test York

This is the current model in York for pop ups. Ive only been to one, King Brats. I have had dreams about brats eversince. You have a menu to choose what toppings you want on your grilled brat. I chose mango siracha, covered in crisp jalepenos, finished off with fatty avocado. And to gild the lily further, fried tots are offered as well. fat kid status!!!

The past pops ups have included Game Day Kitchen, Steam-ramen& bao buns, and Indian Fusion. 

This Friday they will pop up once more a the Central Market in downtown York city, Pa. 

I can hardly wait!

...hungry

kat

IMG_6979.JPG

IMG_6980.JPG

This is how our tiny town of York does pop-up. I love York city. 

Tonight, something amazing happened. 

Three of us were dining enthusiastically at the King Brat Pop-up, and based on my excitement of the brats, the couple next to us ordered a brat. Mind you, the beautiful realization I had was they already ate a completely different meal. 

I like to think that my sheer excitement over the brat is what persuaded this gentleman to order more food. I love knowing that...

pop!

kat

IMG_7191.PNG

On 11/26/2016 at 9:34 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

to add on to my last post

"Wood-Fired Pizza Next at York Tast Test" by Anthony J. Machcinski on ydr.com

Who doesn't like pizza?

Continuing the Taste Test- A Pop Up Restaurant Series presents Forno Bova. 

The concept of Forno Bova is primarily centered around wood fired pizzas. At this taste test , a 3 - course is priced at  $18. 

First  course is a salad composed of nutty field greens dressed with a vinagrette that was rather aggressively seasoned with raw garlic. I will add, I absolutely love garlic,but the amount added to the dressing was a bit much to my liking. The second course manage to change the direction, happily. A wood-fired ricotta blessed with a tangy, cranberry compote saved this meal . The texture of the ricotta is remincent of summer pudding. Soft, & dence with a nice smoke from the wood fire stove. The flavors of the second course led up to the great finale. I opted for the Pistacio. 

The Pistachio tasted like Christmas. A thin crust topped with fresh mozzarella, roasted pistachios , red onion, garlic oil,and dotted with pines of rosemary. I could have ordered a traditional Marguerite, but I always lean toward unusual choices. I was not disappointed. The composition of the Pistachio was a delicious surprise. 

In my opinion,at a great deal for less than $20, the Pop up has been a success. 

Until another Pop -up,

kat

Im thinking perhaps I should rename this thread, King Brat. Its rather obvious I am a fan. Tonight, I once again will be indulging in their offerings. This time, the backdrop, a live art showcase. 

Stay tuned,

kat

Taste Test : A Pop Up Reimagined

I wrote  about these several pop ups a few months ago. Taste Test now has a brick & mortar in the Royal Square neighborhood of York city. They serve a delicious selection of goods ranging from muffins  to bagels sourced  from Brooklyn.  While you are indulging on those amazin' pastries, you can sip on an espresso-based beverage drawn from La Colombe coffee beans. Anyone who knows, knows La Colombe. 

The location will serve as a cafe offering free wifi, and home to future pop ups. There are two listed so far, with many more to follow. The kitchen" incubator" will provide a place to mentor,& facilitate successful food businesses. Students, and advisors from York College Department of Hospitality will serve as a bridge of both support& mentorship.  This could possibly launch a new model for urban revitalization. I will certainly be following their progress. Bravo to York City!

Hometown proud,

kat

Pop ups are here to say, and frankly I love it. For two weekends in December 8-10, and 15-17 a  Thai born chef will be creating a spirited menu inspire by Cambodian cuisine imparted with French influence, and no doubt technique. I don't have details yet on the menu, but you know I am already there. I love the cultural diversity these pop ups present, especially in this  rural part of South Central Pa.  I can hardly wait. 

Active hands, full bellies- Cambodian proverb

kat

On 11/16/2017 at 2:32 PM, kitkatpaddywak said:

I don't have details yet on the menu, but you know I am already there. I love the cultural diversity these pop ups present, especially in this  rural part of South Central Pa.  I can hardly wait. 

Active hands, full bellies- Cambodian proverb

The menu for the Cambodian-French pop I will be attending tomorrow. I am incredibly excited to have this in York, Pa. 

440BFEC8-763A-43F3-867A-65AE4E27EFBE.jpeg

• Like 1