Gott's Roadside (Formerly Taylor's Refresher) - Joel and Duncan Gott's Roadside Stand in Several Area Locations

nope, didn't try the corn dogs, although you're right - they do sound good!

Burgers were huge - throw corn dogs into the mix and I would have been like the guy in the Monty Python flick! :lol:

They had mini-corn dogs on their menu.

Did you have an opportunity to try these?  Do you think perhaps they might become the next mini-burger?  I am salivating at the thought.

They had mini-corn dogs on their menu.

Did you have an opportunity to try these?  Do you think perhaps they might become the next mini-burger?  I am salivating at the thought.

They have excellent tuna burgers as well. That, some fries, and a 1/2 bottle of Storybook Zin make a great lunch when in wine country!

My wife and I ate at Taylor's Refresher the afternoon I had reservations at the French Laundry. The food was good and it is a fun setting, but after burgers and onion rings and corn dogs, neither of us was feeling too keen by the time we got to the French Laundry and it took us about four courses or so to get into the meal.

Save Taylor's Refresher for the day before or the day after you to FL.

My wife and I ate at Taylor's Refresher the afternoon I had reservations at the French Laundry.  The food was good and it is a fun setting, but after burgers and onion rings and corn dogs, neither of us was feeling too keen by the time we got to the French Laundry and it took us about four courses or so to get into the meal.

I really enjoyed a tuna burger and espresso shake at Taylor's Refresher last year. And, the advice to go on a different day than the FL is wise. Funny enough, a friend of mine grew up in St. Helena (he's 64 now) and was shocked to learn that Taylor's Refresher still exists and they now serve food that is edible.

My wife and I ate at Taylor's Refresher the afternoon I had reservations at the French Laundry. The food was good and it is a fun setting, but after burgers and onion rings and corn dogs, neither of us was feeling too keen by the time we got to the French Laundry and it took us about four courses or so to get into the meal.

We went the day we had reservations at Le Bouchon (we were poor law students- no FL) we loved the burgers so much we were too full for Bouchon. Hopefully next time we will get to have both Taylor's Refresher an French Laundry (we just graduated!). After Taylor's In-N-Out was a big let down for us too.

On 5/5/2005 at 3:46 PM, brr said:

yes, when I finally got around to having an In n Out burger for the first time last year I was a little underwhelmed - good but not the life changing experience some had painted it to be

on the very same trip though I did find the best burger I have ever eaten....at a roadside diner somewhere in Napa

http://www.taylorsrefresher.com/

[I just moved 8 posts about Taylor's Refresher from the Hamburgers thread into this one (they're way up at the top of the thread).]

In case anyone hasn't heard about Taylors Refresher, it's now Gott's Roadside:

Mar 26, 2010 - "Taylor's Refreshes Its Name" by Jesse Duarte on napavalleyregister.com

Mar 26, 2010 - "Taylor's Family Furious Over Eatery's New Name" by Jennifer Huffman on napavalleyregister.com

Mar 27, 2010 - "Taylor's Refresher Name Change Draws Family Ire" by Stacy Finz on sfgate.com

Gott's Roadside opened their sixth branch in Greenbrae, Marin Mar 1, 2018.

Sep 20, 2016 - "Gott's Roadside To Open in Greenbrae" by Leanne Battelle on marinij.com

Mar 29, 2017 - "Gott's Roadside Burger Join Plan Gets Thumbs up" by Adrian Rodriguez on marinij.com

Feb 20, 2018 - "Gott's Set To Open March 1 at Greenbrae's Bon Air Center" by Leanne Battelle on marinij.com