Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway - A Scenic, 125-Mile Driving Tour through Eastern Maryland

What to do when you have an empty weekend this Spring?

Explore the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Byway, a 125-mile-long scenic driving tour which begins about 80 miles east of Washington, DC.

I could rewrite all the information about the tour, but it's all right here on the website: harriettubmanbyway,org, which contains all the information you need to know. 

If anyone is sifting through the website, and finds any interesting nuggets, please feel free to post them here, as I'm sure certain things deserve to be highlighted. 

One thing this website can do is to suggest places to eat along the way, which can be our way of giving some value-added information not otherwise on the internet. 

If anyone knows of any restaurants and hotels near the route, please chime in, and if we get enough, I'll organize and order them so everyone can have a more pleasant trip.

• Like 3

My childhood summer camp - Camp Ramblewood, located on the Susquehanna River, housed what is reported to be the final stop of the underground railroad before reaching the North.  Ramblewood is no longer a summer camp for children, but is a for rent "rustic" retreat center.