Q - The Flagship Restaurant of Peter Chang, 4500 East-West Highway in Bethesda

I have had a serious craving for Chinese food for a very long time. (Anyone got any suggestions closer to Petworth? Oh, and I really want dim sum.)

So, for Valentine's day, we ordered from Q. Went kinda basic, but not knowing how it would travel, I wanted things that would hit the basic craving. We had vegetable fried dumplings, and vegetable spring rolls. I had sweet and sour sliced pork. He had cumin lamb chops. And we were happy. Food traveled fairly well, just got a little less crispy.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, chinarider said:

I wanted to like this place. At least, I love southeast Asian street food. But when I saw the menu I knew it wasn’t going to be great. A mishmash of Korean, Singaporean, Japanese Chinese etc. No rendang :(

as feared, everything was a dumbed-down version. Papaya salad with no kick, terrible (inedible) Szechuan wontons...skewers were fine, as were summer rolls. But, as feared, if you want good Asian food you still need to pay top dollar at Q, or head on up to Rockville...

I haven't had anything at Q worth top dollar in a while, but I suppose that's a matter for another thread.