Will Twerk for Food - Multi-Hour Queuing for a Meal, or, To Eat Jiz Zone

Ericandblueboy

8 hours ago, Simul Parikh said:

serve a lot of Washingtonians who are uniquely intolerant about waiting in line and offer them a large number of choices.

I'm sure there are a lot of Washingtonians who are intolerant about waiting in line (some are members of this site).  Heck, some pay other people to stand in line for them.  

• Like 1

Having been to China and India, I've been to ridiculously crowded places that have a SYSTEM in place where it's not frustrating or difficult to get served. Clearly, the questioner's comment struck a nerve, and the owner couldn't help but blame the customer. 

Veil Brewing in Richmond has crazy lines, but an efficient way to get food and beer to everyone without causing chaos. I did have to wait two hours, but it was an orderly process, and I got what I wanted.

You line up Rose's style at 3ish. Bunch of bearded hipsters, cute girls with tats and cowboy boots, and a few radiation oncologist beer snobs. Once you enter into the building, a lovely lady with an iPad takes your order with an iPad. She has a Square, so you pay directly at that moment. You take your receipt to the register. The register person verifies you paid and tells the order to the runner. He gets your weird, rare releases in cans, a pint to drink, and your cheese plate. You sit down and crush an unfiltered soft and hazy IPA. And it's not annoying at all. Except for the wait.... but... during the wait you can go over to the tap room to get pints while in line or to the food truck to get tacos or whatever. Boom. 

The system would be a menu, but they must offer over 100 distinct items every day. Also, has no one negotiated a drink at a busy bar before?  Can you imagine being three deep at the Passenger and, when finally getting your turn, asking the equivalent of "what filling is in the rugelach?"  As a regular customer like the OP claims to be, I haven't seen any variance in that pastry there.

also, Rose's is a highly pedicured and professional, and I imagine, well-tipped service crew. BF has well-documented high employee turnover and much lower expectations for tips. Different expectations are in order, perhaps? ( your account is very funny, made me laugh, but  I can't see BF going to a table-service model)

• Like 3

On 6/21/2017 at 8:44 PM, Simul Parikh said:

Having been to China and India, I've been to ridiculously crowded places that have a SYSTEM in place where it's not frustrating or difficult to get served. Clearly, the questioner's comment struck a nerve, and the owner couldn't help but blame the customer. 

Veil Brewing in Richmond has crazy lines, but an efficient way to get food and beer to everyone without causing chaos. I did have to wait two hours, but it was an orderly process, and I got what I wanted.

You line up Rose's style at 3ish. Bunch of bearded hipsters, cute girls with tats and cowboy boots, and a few radiation oncologist beer snobs. Once you enter into the building, a lovely lady with an iPad takes your order with an iPad. She has a Square, so you pay directly at that moment. You take your receipt to the register. The register person verifies you paid and tells the order to the runner. He gets your weird, rare releases in cans, a pint to drink, and your cheese plate. You sit down and crush an unfiltered soft and hazy IPA. And it's not annoying at all. Except for the wait.... but... during the wait you can go over to the tap room to get pints while in line or to the food truck to get tacos or whatever. Boom. 

While I admire your desire for 'a system', waiting 2 or 3 hours for ANYthing would make me want to explode.

On 7/1/2017 at 11:10 PM, Simul Parikh said:

Missing the point. A wait that is long that is effective and satisfies the customer versus a wait that is long and that enrages the customer. If the Bread Furst System is what Veil Brewery used, it would take 6 hours 

I agree an enraging experience where the system is does not exist or changes or is ad hoc is worse than just a long wait. I will grant you that.

However, I repeat that, waiting 2+ hours for ANYTHING, even if it is something I wanted, even really wanted, would make me want to explode. I would change what I wanted to do rather than wait 2+ hours.

20 minutes ago, Pool Boy said:

I agree an enraging experience where the system is does not exist or changes or is ad hoc is worse than just a long wait. I will grant you that.

However, I repeat that, waiting 2+ hours for ANYTHING, even if it is something I wanted, even really wanted, would make me want to explode. I would change what I wanted to do rather than wait 2+ hours.

Totally agree... overall lousy. But, what you do for your beer snob friends...

• Like 1